Table of Contents
What is 9flats?
9flats is a popular Airbnb-like service in Germany backed by Redpoint Ventures (also investors in Xmarks, Branchout, and Heroku) and eVenture Capital Partners (investors in Groupon and Delicious). 9flats is now led by CEO Stephan Uhrenbacher, who is the founder of Qype, Europe’s most extensive review site. In short, 9flats has financial muscles and a proven leader to put Airbnb to a good fight.
9flats now offers over 500,000 combined global listings in 140 countries, which still pale compared to Airbnb’s two million listings.
How does 9flats work?
If you’re not familiar with 9flats, the company is a peer-to-peer rental community and one of Airbnb’s first competitors. People with vacation rentals, B&Bs, and vacant rooms can list their spaces on 9flats for rent to fill their vacancies.
Travelers reserve these vacation properties through an online booking system provided on the 9flats website. 9flats collects the money and then pays the owner (minus their fee) â at least that’s how it’s supposed to work.
What are the requirements to list on 9flats?
Hosts must create a free online profile through the site. Once an account is created, hosts must complete a profile detailing their accommodation, including photos, a list description, and the price they select to rent their space before the list is published. Posting a property on 9Flats is free.
How do you earn money on 9flats?
- Hosts list their spare room, entire vacation property or BnB on 9flats
- Guests make a reservation and pay online at 9flats
How much money can you make on 9flats?
You could earn $100 – $200 per night on average if you can rent your entire apartment. A couch would still bring good money, although the nightly rate would be a little lower.
9Flats hosts pay 15% of total reservation to 9Flats
Pros of listing on 9Flats
- 9flats is the European rival to Airbnb, offering users the opportunity to rent a variety of different accommodations for vacation, business, or mid to long-term stays.
- 9flats offers the reservation of a complete place and a single or shared room, as well as accommodation in unique spaces such as castles, tree houses, igloos, wagons, and boats.
- On 9flats, creating a list is free: users only pay when they confirm a reservation. 9flats takes 15% of each booking; the rest is paid directly to the hosts.
- The design of its website is attractive and easy to use, and it has a section for “all-star hosts” who come with high recommendations from renters.
Cons of listing on 9Flats
- Recently, there has been a lack of activity on 9flats’ Twitter, removal of the review feature on their Facebook page, and a massive increase in the number of negative reviews on their TrustPilot page.
- The only way to contact a host is through the website by clicking the “Contact” button in the host profile. No email or phone number is provided for the owner.
- 9flats is a German company, which is evident when reading its policies since everything appears in euros. The English site is well done, but it may be a barrier for some American travelers and hosts.
- They collect the guest’s money and do not pay the host. Trustpilot has many of those testimonials.
How do I sign up to list on 9flats?
If you think you have what it takes to become a Host for 9flats, click here to go to their website and start the application process.
What is the website for 9flats?
Does 9flats have an app?
There are no apps available.
It’s simple: rent your apartment to other travelers when you are away from home for a few days or even a few months. That helps you earn extra money, as well as meeting new exciting people and their stories.
We hope that these late payments are not a cause for concern and instead are just a technical issue in the 9flats system that will be resolved very soon. We feel it was worth noting that there have been some issues with this site lately for any users who may have been affected.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|