Table of Contents
What is AccountingDepartment?
AccountingDepartment.com is a business process outsourcing (BPO) firm that provides virtual accounting and bookkeeping services, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, daily general ledger maintenance, Bank account reconciliation, sales and use tax filing, payroll processing, and month-end closing for small- to medium-size business (businesses with revenue from $500,000 to $25 million annually).
Based in Pompton Plains, NJ, and founded in 2004, AccountingDepartment.com team has managed to build strong, productive relationships with client companies like Prometheus Research LLC., P3S Corporation, Thoughtbox (web and mobile application developing firm) and many other companies across all industries.
How does AccountingDepartment work?
Reputed as a 100% virtual service provider, AccountingDepartment.com works with like-minded companies that have a clear understanding of the virtual office environment and related phone system needs.
The company hires account managers, certified public accountants, and bookkeepers to work from home. Employees are always accessible via online chat, email, or phone to take care of any urgent issues that arise during the business day.
All files are stored in the cloud on secure servers, so business owners have 24/7 access to their data whenever they need them.
What are the requirements to work for AccountingDepartment?
This company only hires employees with US citizenship and residency. Employees are expected to assist clients with all bookkeeping functions contained in the QuickBooks software. Possible employees must undergo QuickBooks and bookkeeping tests. Of those who took the test, only 25% were offered employment. This is a privately held company with 51-200 employees. Much of the work with clients is on the phone, so the employee must provide a quiet home office with a landline phone and computer with high-speed Internet.
How do you earn money on AccountingDepartment?
To apply for one of these positions, go to AccountingDepartment.com and select the job in which you are applying to. Click the “Apply” button beneath the job title and fill out the information. After the questionnaire is filled out, be sure to include either your resume or your LinkedIn account, and apply.
Pros of working for AccountingDepartment
- There is a clear career path. If you’re studying accounting, you’re learning practical skills about crunching numbers and analyzing costs that employers need.
- Accounting is not a profession that’s going away anytime soon. Virtually every business needs an accountant or an entire accounting team, and even the average person has reasons to hire an accountant from time to time.
- Like anyone, you want a career that allows you to provide for yourself and your family. So how does an accounting career stack up?
- You can work where you want to work. Where would you like to live? West Coast, East Coast or somewhere in between? Big city or small town? In a mountain range or by the ocean?
- It’s particularly attractive for military spouses and others who must frequently relocate because of a spouse’s profession.
Cons of working for AccountingDepartment
- The pay is lower than traditional accounting jobs
- Strict with time â you have to send an email every time you are going to be away from your desk even for a minute.
- If you need social interaction with other people, this is not the job for you.
- They are very hard on quality, which is good, but that can also be bad if you can’t keep up.
How do I sign up to work for AccountingDepartment?
To get started, first go to accountingdepartment.com and create an account. This will make it easy to manage current and future job postings.
What is the website for AccountingDepartment?
The opportunities provided are top-notch: full-time work with full benefits. It’s important to note, however, that AccountingDepartment.com is looking for experienced, credentialed financial professionals who can jump in and work with clients right away. If you have the right skills, however, it’s well worth looking into the available options.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|