Amazon Handmade Review
Table of Contents
What is Amazon Handmade?
Amazon Handmade was established in 2015 by Amazon to feature genuinely handmade items made and sold directly by artisans. According to its launch press release, Amazon Handmade is “bringing the user-friendly experience, convenience, and value that Amazon loves and trusts to the world of handmade goods.” At the beginning of 2017, it has 500,000 items for sale.
How does Amazon Handmade work?
The platform is for artisans looking to sell their pieces to a massive audience, such as 250 million people. All items available in your store must be completely handmade, hand-altered, or assembled by hand. The products must be handmade by the craftsman, an employee, or a member of their collective. Once your application has been confirmed, you can start selling in many categories such as jewelry, home decor, apparel, and personal care. Listings on the platform are free, and there is no limit to the amount you can post. But takes a 12 percent cut from each sale.
What are the requirements to list Amazon Handmade?
- Your name and email address
- Proportion (approximate) of the production process that you do yourself
- A brief description of your production process
- High-quality images of your product
- Your product category
How do you earn money on Amazon Handmade?
If you manufacture and sell handmade items, you can apply to join Handmade, provided your products fall into specific categories. They must be “completely handmade, hand-altered, or hand-assembled (not from a kit) and handcrafted by you or one of your employees.”
How much money can you make on Amazon Handmade?
Set by you
Pros of listing Amazon Handmade
- Amazon is a trustworthy site. When people shop on Amazon, they know they are getting good quality at a fair price.
- However, unlike regular Amazon, manufacturers do not have to pay any monthly fee. Listings are free! But each sale on Handmade is still subject to a fixed referral fee of 15%.
- Amazon Handmade is excellent because it offers an independent platform for manufacturers to sell their products.
- Finally, Amazon Handmade has its dedicated support for most problems.
Cons of listing on Amazon Handmade
- Amazon does not permit you to do anything fancy to your packages to get them to buy from your website.
- Handmade fees are much higher than Etsy’s, as they charge a 15% commission and a referral fee of $1 minimum while Etsy charges a 3.5% commission and a listing fee of 20 cents.
- The platform rules are strict, so be sure to check the requirements to get approved.
How do I sign up to list on Amazon Handmade?
To apply and find out the basic information, go here.
The sign-up process is pretty straightforward â you need to answer a few questions and provide information about your products and yourself. At this point, you better apply if you have already sold online as they are checking all the stores of the people applying.
What is the website for Amazon Handmade?
Does Amazon Handmade have an app?
No available app
Amazon Handmade will not be the best option for all providers. However, it makes sense for anyone with an established production procedure that is reliable and fast. If this appears to be you, and you’re ready to hit the world’s largest online marketplace, it would be best if you have all the information you need to make an informed decision about Amazon Handmade. If you pass the application process, you won’t pay Amazon anything until you make a sale.
Amazon Handmade Rating
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|