Amazon KDP Review
Table of Contents
What is Amazon KDP?
Amazon’s KDP is one of the essential tools authors use to publish their work online. Posting through Amazon KDP makes your eBook to be available on the Amazon platform for Kindle readers. KDP includes a lot of useful features, including free file conversion, sales tracking, and additional tools to help you design a particular type of book, like textbooks and children’s books.
How does Amazon KDP Work?
Amazon is a platform that has publishing business, so anybody with an interest and willingness to write and publish a unique book can do it. You do not have to be an exceptional writer or have been previously published to start with KDP self-publishing. Anybody can use the Amazon platform to get their work out into the world and to the right audiences.
According to Author Earnings, there were 20,000 unique publishers and 485,538,000 ebooks sold on Amazon. As the world’s largest online bookstore, there is an opportunity to get your book self-published on Amazon and reach your target audience from different countries in the world regardless of your topic. You can write about something you are passionate about, like Nonfiction, Fiction, Biographies, History, and Children’s books.
What are the requirements to sell on Amazon KDP?
KDP is extremely easy for most authors to use, even the ones who are not tech-savvy. All you need to is to set up an Amazon account, and of course, your manuscript (carefully edited and with a cover image). You will need to have the manuscript in a Word document file (.doc) for uploading on the site.
How do you earn money on Amazon KDP?
Once you have uploaded your ebook project to KDP, it will appear on your main dashboard. Under Rights and Pricing, you can specify to sell your book in individual territories or Worldwide.
How much money can you make on Amazon KDP?
Regardless of the authors who self-publish on Amazon through KDP. Each author charges between $0.99 and $200.00 per ebook download.
Pros of selling on Amazon KDP
- It is cheap. No publisher fees. No printing costs.
- The CreateSpace service enables you to create a print version of your book based on the eBook version.
- You can start earning money quickly.
- Not a bad one because they allow you to use their platform to publish your ebook, and then help you promote it on their massive eCommerce platform with millions of regular audiences.
Cons of selling on Amazon KDP
- It is challenging to get your book noticed at first. It’s hard to get those first one or two book reviews or break into the top rankings.
- From what we’ve heard, sales fade fast. Amazon favors newer titles. If you look in some of the best seller categories, you’ll notice that the vast majority of books listed near the top were published recently.
- If you violate the KDP Select rules in any way, Amazon can ban you from selling on their site.
- Your book is only available to the Amazon market.
- Some prominent ebook marketers prefer books that are available on all platforms.
How do I sign up to sell on Amazon KDP?
Kindly go to kdp.amazon.com and sign up for a KDP account.
What is the website for Amazon KDP?
Does Amazon KDP have an app?
The free Kindle app is also available for iOS and Android.
If you are going to put the required effort into a KDP Listing, which means actively advertising your ebooks on the Amazon platform, then it could help create awareness of your work. Likewise, if your principal interest is that people read your work, then there are few better ways than making it available to the curious readership that comprises the Lending Library.
You may, of course, only be selling your book on the Kindle store and have no plans to sell it elsewhere. Since you have nothing to lose, get on KDP Select and try and maximize the discount days to build your readership.
Amazon KDP Rating
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|