Table of Contents
What is Babbletype?
If you are looking for a way to make some money in your spare time at home without it interfering with your regular schedule, then possibly Babbletype might be for you. Or you could do what I did and join Wealthy Affiliate as a way to make great money on the internet.
The company offers a transcription service for various businesses, and those who sign up to work for Babbletype can earn small amounts of money by doing the actual transcribing.
How does Babbletype work?
Companies submit audio to Babbletype; then, it’s up to Babbletype to get members to transcribe that audio into written words.
Joining as a transcriptionist is free, but in order to be eligible to work for Babbletype as an independent contractor, you must be a native English speaker. They also offer translation services, so to undertake any of those projects, you will need to be proficient in both English and the language they need translating, obviously.
Babbletype mainly offers 3 services:
What are the requirements to work for Babbletype?
- Have a bachelor’s degree and several years of experience in proofreading.
- Have an extensive understanding of the rules of English grammar and typography.
- Be detail-oriented.
- Possess highly effective communication skills.
- Be focused and committed to delivering under pressure.
How much money can you make on Babbletype
Babbletype has transcription, translation, and proofreading positions available.
How much money can you make on Babbletype?
How much you make depends on how much you work! The following are the current pay rates for Babbletype contractors:
- Transcriptionists: $0.40 to $0.80 per audio minute
- Proofreaders: $0.13 to $0.15 per audio minute
- Translators: $1.50 per audio minute
Pros of working for Babbletype
- One of the good things that we could find about BabbleType revolved around the fact that you can work from home.
- There is no minimum amount of work that you have to do, so you can just put in time here or there.
- You won’t have a set schedule, which means that you can simply put in time whenever you want.
- They pay in real cash via PayPal.
Cons of working for Babbletype
- Some audio files will be incredibly difficult to hear, which means they will take longer and be more likely to have mistakes in them.
- Others have complained that you barely get any training after you sign up. They have a short instructional video.
- By far the most complained about things we’ve seen is the fact that they don’t pay much. Many members have complained that they have literally spent hours working only to make a few bucks.
- Another complaint is the fact that a worker will spend hours working on a translation, only for it to be denied because of errors.
How do I sign up to work for Babbletype?
According to their hiring page, Babbletype is “always looking for talented, capable, independent contractors” to join their team. You can learn more about each opportunity and start the application and testing process directly from their Independent Contractor Form page.
What is the website for Babbletype?
No available app
Babbletype can be a decent opportunity to make money online, but it really depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking to make a little extra money in your spare time then this might be something worth considering, but if you are looking for anything more than that, then this isn’t what you need.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|