Table of Contents
What is Boatsetter?
Boatsetter is an online boat rental market. Initially, the company was called Cruzin, founded in 2012 by Jaclyn Baumgarten. Boatsetter.com was formed a year later by Andrew Sturner, and the two companies coalesced in 2014, with Baumgarten acceded as CEO of the recently combined company.
In the somewhat old-fashioned marine industry, Boatsetter has worked to bring boat rental into the 21st century. They connect owners and renters and allow users to book chartered trips with a captain directly through their platform.
How does Boatsetter work?
Boatsetter is the world’s leading boat sharing platform with boats throughout the US, Mexico, the Bahamas, the Caribbean, South America, and the Mediterranean. Boatsetter connects licensed boat owners and captains with renters, allowing anyone to enjoy almost any type of water experience they want: cruising, active water sports, fishing, sailing in blue waters, and more, regardless of their sailing experience.
What are the requirements for listing on Boatsetter?
A boat for rent; or appropriate certifications and experience to work as a captain; smartphone
How do you earn money on Boatsetter?
To do so, you must first go to their homepage www.boatsetter.com. In the upper right corner, you should see an option to “List your boat.”
How much money can you make on Boatsetter?
The answer to how much you can earn on Boatsetter depends on your boat and location. There is no limit to how much you can charge. Just be aware that Boatsetter charges a 15% or 35% fee depending on if you handle insurance or if they do.
Pros of listing on Boatsetter
- Through Boatsetter, boat owners can earn a secondary income when they charter their boat on days off, and aspiring boaters can ride the waves without making a massive investment.
- Boatsetter has a class insurance policy through Geico that covers owners and renters throughout the rental period.
- Boatsetter can be easily reached, either by calling them at (305) 600-5435 or by email: [email protected].
Cons of listing on Boatsetter
- Depending on where you live, a boat can only be used in hot weather. That is to say, if you live in a region where temperatures are always low, then your boat may be useless.
- Before you have a boat, you need to make sure you have enough money to pay for a store. Otherwise, you must have a vehicle large enough to tow the boat you want to a place where you can store it.
- Boat cleaning is not as easy as it sounds. Most of the boats are enclosed. If you have a bigger boat, cleaning it will take longer. The motor of a boat should be rinsed with fresh water each time it comes back from a saltwater trip.
- It is not easy to find spare parts of a boat. In addition to a boat being expensive to buy, even used boats, obtaining parts can be a difficult task.
How do I sign up to list on Boatsetter?
Making a Boatsetter account is safe and convenient. After a few fields requesting information about the boat you are listing, you will be asked to create your credentials and an online profile. They make it easier by allowing you to use Facebook or Google to get quick login credentials.
What is the website for Boatsetter?
Does Boatsetter have an app?
Go to the Play Store or App Store and download the Boatsetter app.
Boatsetter offers owners a secure platform to create a free list and connect with renters who want to get their boat out for half a day, full-day, or more. It also allows you to set parameters on when and to whom you rent. You can set boat rules, describe services, offer captain services, or add whatever you think will make your listing attractive.
Boats shouldn’t go unused. Set them free on the high seas with Boatsetter.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|