Table of Contents
What is Buddytruk?
Buddytruk is a peer-to-peer, on-demand moving and hauling platform that lets people with trucks or minivans apply to become a mover.
The iOS app lets users take a picture of the furniture item they wish to move, and the image is sent to all hired drivers in that area. The driver that accepts will arrive at the user’s location to pack the item and move it to the desired location.
How does Buddytruk work?
You know those situations that come up from time to time in ordinary life where your friend calls and asks you to come to help them haul a couch or some other heavy item they bought on Craigslist? Well, Buddytruk is like that, only you’ll get paid for your trouble.
With this job, you’ll be working on smaller, more informal moves. The website makes it sound like Buddytruk movers generally work alone, and the clients are expected to help out with the lifting, although that might not always be the case. The booking is set up (often on short notice) through a portable app, and the pay is $40 per hour.
What are the requirements to work for Buddytruk?
Must be 21 years of age, able to pass a background check, and lift 50 pounds or more. Drivers must also have auto insurance and a truck or van.
How do you earn money on Buddytruk
Buddytruk connects people who need help moving with able-bodied side hustlers who are willing to pitch in.
How much money can you make on Buddytruk?
$20 â $30 per hour
Pros of working for Buddytruk
- The site provides customers with some coverage for items that are damaged or broken in transit, which appears to protect the workers.
- If you have a truck, van, or trailer, you can qualify as a “helper” and earn $30 or more per hour.
- Ultimate flexibility. If you’re busy one week and can’t work, no problem. Work on your schedule.
- You make money to help real people.
- Tipping is allowed so you can make even more by offering exceptional service.
Cons of working for Buddytruk
- You are an independent contractor and not covered by worker’s compensation insurance.
- Since moving heavy objects makes you more prone to injury than your average job, make sure you have good health coverage.
- Also, realize that there are substantial costs to operating your truck (mileage, wear & tear, additional insurance, to name a few).
How do I sign up to work for Buddytruk?
Unlike other apps and services, you don’t directly download an app and dive right in.
There is a process involved in signing up with Buddytruk that begins with you choosing the role you wish to apply for.
What is the website for Buddytruk?
After you are “hired,” you need to download the app if you haven’t done so already.
Here are the places where you can download the app:
As with most income opportunities, there are a few considerations to keep in mind.
You will want to take a few things into account when deciding if $15 or $30 plus is worth the work you’re required to do â especially in light of a few potential hiccups.
Contact your auto insurance provider to determine if your activities’ delivering for Buddytruk is covered by your policy and what your options are if they are not.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|