Table of Contents
What is Burpy?
Burpy, the same day full pantry grocery delivery service was founded in 2012 by a group of mechanical engineering students at the University of Texas at Austin.
Burpy allows its members (customers) to order the same day delivery of groceries or products. As a Burpy member, it’s easy to choose a grocery chain, create a shopping list, and order delivery to your door.
Burpy shoppers are the workers responsible for purchasing food or produce and delivering it to Burpy members. Shoppers manage each part of this process through the Burpy app.
How does Burpy work?
To work as a Burpy shopper, you set your availability. By doing so, you have declared yourself as available to purchase orders in your area.
Once you’ve established your availability, you’ll start to see shopping gigs coming, though. For each gig, the shopper’s app will notify you of relevant information, such as the store where you will shop, the size of the order, and the delivery destination address. You don’t have to accept every shopping gig that comes through, but Burpy measures your acceptance rate. If you reject too many, you could lose your ability to work with the company.
After accepting a shopping order, you will drive to the specified grocery store, pick up the requested items, pay with a Burpy debit card at a register, and deliver the groceries to the customer. You can shop multiple orders simultaneously, but be sure to stay organized and don’t mix them up!
What is the requirements to work for Burpy?
Must be at least 18 years, have a 1997 or newer vehicle, be able to lift 40 pounds, have a valid US driver’s license and insurance, and have an iPhone (iOS 10 or later) or Android (5.1 or later).
How do you earn money on Burpy?
Burpy.com is an on-demand grocery delivery service that pays trusted shoppers to shop for members and deliver their groceries.
How much money can you make on Burpy?
Burpy drivers earn up to $ 25 an hour.
Pros of working for Burpy
- The work itself is pretty straightforward. It involves using the app to go to the store and pick the products they wanted.
- You can work anytime you want, as Burpy gives you the freedom to set your own hours.
- Receive payments per order. Each order will include an estimated payment rate based on how long it will take to complete.
- In addition to your hourly rate, you can earn extra money with tips, as customers can leave tips after you deliver their purchases.
Cons of working for Burpy
- The biggest problem with all this work is wear and tear on your car and you need to make sure you keep this in mind when taking jobs.
- You must be aware that you are an independent contractor and that your earnings will be taxed
- Burpy will not reimburse you for mileage, so you are responsible for your own fuel.
- If there is a traffic jam or sudden thunderstorm, completing a Burpy order may take longer than you thought and become less profitable.
How do I sign up to work for Burpy?
Burpy’s application process is relatively simple and only takes a few minutes. Provide necessary information about yourself.
What is the website for Burpy?
Does Burpy have an app?
The Burpy Shopper app can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play.
Burpy is one of the fastest-growing grocery delivery services in the country. If you meet the requirements for employment and want an active hustle, working as a Burpy shopper is a excellent way to earn a decent hourly wage and find work fast.
However, you must understand the implications of working as an independent contractor. Burpy pays well, but your expenses are not covered. Additionally, you are responsible for accurately reporting your income and paying income tax and possibly self-employment tax.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|