Casting Words Review
Table of Contents
What is Casting Words?
Casting Words is a transcription service company where members can earn money by joining their CastingWords workshop program to do transcription work and businesses or personnel can take benefits by purchasing their transcription services to do their transcription work. It’s been online since 2005.
Transcription work includes tasks such as listening to the audio and converting it to a written or electronic text document.
How does Casting Words work?
As a client, you simply go to their website and upload the file you want to transcribe. Set your budget and the number of days you want the file to be ready.
According to Castingwords.com, they accept files sent by email, Dropbox, web or FTP in Zip files or not. Additionally to that, they offer .txt files and other formats for transcription.
After which, the assigned staff or anyone who received the file will have a quick conversation with you to discuss the file and ensure the perfect procedure before the transcription process begins.
What are the requirements to work for Casting Words?
First, you don’t have to have any experience to apply.
The application process is straightforward. All that is required from you is your name, email address, city and country of residence. You must also provide your PayPal address to receive payments.
However, like any other transcription platform, you must submit a short biography and take a transcription test to assess your skills.
The test includes the transcription of audio clips with durations ranging from 90 seconds to 6 minutes.
How do you earn money on Casting Words?
Due to increasing demands for transcription services, the company sought the need for an increase in transcriptionists similar to the number of workloads they received from their clients.
How much money can you make on Casting Words?
By working for Castingwords.com, you will be paid $0.085 at over $1 per minute of audio. Payment varies depending on some factors, such as the type of job, the level you have reached, and the grade that you acquire for the job. The higher the grade of accuracy, the more you will be paid.
Pros of working for Casting Words
- Some of the audios are exciting or interesting.
- You are rewarded per task for a high grade, which is called a bonus payment. Anything above 6 grades will earn an extra amount. Pay 3.0x the reward for a score of nine.
- If you base in a foreign country, you can probably work for Casting Words. Their list is very long for the countries from which they allow to work from.
- A good general design of the site. Everything is easy to find.
- Different jobs available, not just transcription. There is also audio editing, grading and audio assessment.
Cons of working for Casting Words
- Transcribing is not an easy job; it takes a long time; it is difficult to hear at times, lots of rules to follow.
- Grading â In our opinion, it isn’t easy to get a good score on a job.
- Some of the audio is exceptionally boring.
How do I sign up to work for Casting Words?
For an independent professional, the application process is quick and straightforward. Just go to your Casting Words workshop page and click the signup button to register as a transcriber.
What is the website for Casting Words?
Does Casting Words have an app?
There are no apps available.
There is no doubt that Casting Words is a legitimate company that meets the transcription needs of its clients.
Although the pays are low, very low to be specific, especially for those who started working for the company, it pays on time.
It can be an excellent long-term additional income, as long as it provides good results leading to higher scores. Once you maintain your reputation, you are more likely to receive more transcription jobs than not.
Casting Words Rating
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|