Table of Contents
What is Chegg?
Chegg is an online website for exchanging textbooks, finding internships, connecting with private academic tutors, and more. In short, it’s a destination for students to get what they need during school. When the company was founded in 2001, they specialized in online textbook rentals and have since expanded into academic tutoring. In this review, we’ll focus primarily on Chegg’s educational tutoring features.
How does Chegg work?
As a tutor, you’ll be assigned a class or tutoring session based on what you told them you’re good at. Students get to submit questions, choose a tutor, and start the tutoring session on a visual whiteboard. The tutoring session can either be via text, audio, or video, depending on the student’s wishes.
If the student and the site’s moderators are happy with the session, you’ll be paid based on the length of the classes you teach and your rating on the site.
What are the requirements to work for Chegg?
You’ll need to meet every qualification to become a tutor:
- You need to sign up via Facebook or email to complete an application.
- You must have a degree from a four-year university. You may also be currently enrolled in a four-year degree program.
- You will need to provide two forms of school verification. Some examples include a copy of your diploma and your student ID.
- If you sign up using your email, you’ll need to provide further verification. You’ll have to take a clear selfie holding a government-issued ID.
- In some cases, you may have to take a subject test to show your proficiency. This is based on the areas of expertise that you choose.
How do you earn money Chegg
There are hundreds of different topics that people are looking for private tutoring on, so; if there’s something that you know more than others, you can most certainly make a bit more extra $$s tutoring on Chegg Tutors.
How much money can you make on Chegg?
Chegg Tutors earn $20 per hour, which really makes this opportunity stand out. As a tutor, you’re paid the hourly wage for time spent in a lesson with a student and/or time spent writing a student’s lesson plan.
Pros of working for Chegg
- Tutors are paid $20 per hour.
- Approval is relatively easy if you meet the qualifications.
- You get to work 100% from home.
- You get to set your own flexible schedule.
- You can earn referral bonuses.
- You can choose to tutor subjects that you’re good at.
- You don’t have to meet any hourly requirements.
- The top five percent of tutors earn $1,000 per month.
- You can appeal ratings if you believe they’re unfair.
Cons of working for Chegg
- Many tutors use Chegg Tutors, so there’s a lot of competition.
- Work may be slow during certain days and times of the year.
- There is no opportunity for promotions.
- You have to build a reputation as a reliable, high-quality tutor.
- Feedback left by students can hurt your ratings.
- Chegg Tutors does not accept reapplications, so you only have one chance to qualify.
How do I sign up to work for Chegg?
You sign up using either your email, or Facebook profile. Then you’ll have to complete a fairly elaborate questionnaire, detailing your experience and qualifications. Anybody from any country can signup on Chegg Tutors.
What is the website for Chegg?
The Chegg Tutors iPhone app is a companion to the website. It allows students and tutors to message each other.
Overall, we believe Chegg Tutors is a great way to make part-time income from home. This is a good fit for college students, stay at home moms and anyone else with a four-year college degree.
If you end up enjoying online tutoring, you can boost your earnings by using multiple sites. There are so many more flexible ways to make extra money online.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|