Table of Contents
What is Crowdspring?
Crowdspring is an online freelance marketplace based in Chicago, Illinois. The type of work they offer is in logo design, graphic design, copywriting services, and industrial design. The company was founded in May 2007 by Mike Samson and Ross Kimbarovsky. They have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and the New York Times, as well as Bloomberg, Businessweek, and Entrepreneur. Crowdspring has provided work for Amazon, P&G, Starbucks, and more. They have a vast database of creativesâ over 100,000 from more than 200 countries. Pretty impressive credentials so far, right?
How does Crowdspring work?
Getting started with Crowdspring will take some work. It’s not just about creating an account, choosing your preferred payment method, and applying for jobs like Fiverr or Upwork. Crowdspring screens all the people who want to work as creatives, which is their term for freelancers. There are strict requirements for the registration process. If you’re especially adept at one of its categories and have the tenacity to wait, it might be worth it. And this isn’t necessarily a bad thing either. It would lead you to believe that their standards are high. This would naturally lead you to believe that the pay is better than most.
What are the requirements to work for Crowdspring?
When applying, you must verify your identity. You must do this by presenting a photo ID (for example, passport or driver’s license), as well as your phone number.
How do you earn money on Crowdspring?
Are you an amateur graphic designer trying to break into the oversaturated online market? If yes, chances are you’ve at least heard of Crowdspring. It is a crowdsourcing platform that connects aspiring designers with clients looking for new and original solutions to their creative problems.
How much money can you make on Crowdspring?
How much you can earn depends on the project you are involved in and your skills.
The company that publishes a project has to give a minimum reward, and the lowest we have seen is around $200. But you can also find many projects with a much higher price.
Pros of working for Crowdspring
- You are not limited to submitting just one design per project. You can submit several different designs with an explanation of the difference between each one.
- They are not geographically restrictive. So far, they have had more than 220,000 freelancers from over 200 countries.
- Payments are made through PayPal and Payoneer, which are by far the most convenient options a freelancer can choose from.
- The pay is good if you are a newcomer to the world of graphic design. Earning $200 or more for a logo sounds great compared to Fiverr, where many projects are done for as little as $5.
Cons of working for Crowdspring
- They are not accepting new applicants at this time. But if you are interested in trying the platform, be sure to add your email to the waiting list.
- It takes too long to process payments. The official company policy is that your first payment can take up to 30 days to process.
- You have to put in work without knowing if you will be paid
How do I sign up to work for Crowdspring?
Becoming a member is free, and the site accepts people from all over the world. Signing up is simple as you only need to provide an email, username, and chosen password.
What is the website for Crowdspring?
Does Crowdspring have an app?
No available app
You can certainly earn some really great awards if you manage to create winning projects often. But there is a lot of competition, and you may have to work a lot without getting paid.
For that reason, Crowdspring is, in our opinion, better as a secondary platform if you are very good at what you do and very fast at it. But you should not bet that it is a stable source of income.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|