Table of Contents
What is Dolly?
Dolly is an app that pairs people in need of a little help, a lot of muscle, or a truck, with people who have these things to offer. Many have referred to Dolly as “the Uber for moving stuff.”
Dolly offers affordable moving solutions for people while allowing people like you to earn a substantial income for your time and your muscle.
The founders of Dolly were looking to provide a better way to move that offered greater freedom for those who were moving and opportunities for people interested in making money. As things stand, Dolly delivers, no pun intended, by creating freedom for all parties.
How does Dolly work?
Like other peer-to-peer marketplaces, Dolly connects people in need of services with people who are ready to provide them. Dolly’s app connects individuals and businesses with local truck owners (“helpers”) to move, deliver, or haul items.
On Dolly, you can register as a ‘Helper’ or as a ‘Hand.’
Helpers are required to own their own pickup truck/box truck and are physically capable of lifting more than 75 pounds. Hands, on the other side (haha, hand puns) are there just for the extra help.
What are the requirements to work for Dolly?
Complete your application by submitting your personal information and required documents.
After that, applicants sign the Helper agreement, pass the onboarding information session, and have to clear a background check (usually takes around 5-10 days).
How do you earn money on Dolly?
After approval, applicants will receive access to the Dolly Helper app and have the ability to view the details of available jobs and request those that fit into their schedules and abilities.
How much money can you make on Dolly?
It depends on what you choose.
Here’s what people can make with Dolly according to the company: Helpers generally earn $30/hour, while Hands can make $15/hour.
Pros of working for Dolly
- Dolly is getting incredibly good feedback from their drivers and helpers. The platform gives individuals with trucks an easy opportunity to earn money in addition to their regular job.
- The company has already expanded to over ten cities and has perfected the playbook for geographical expansion.
- Tipping is allowed so you can make even more by offering exceptional service.
- You can set your own schedule – This is a big deal for people such as myself who also have day jobs.
Cons of working for Dolly
- Vehicle wear and tear â Since you’ll be using your own vehicle, you will also be responsible for its repair and maintenance. And since you’ll be hauling large and bulky items, there’s an increased chance of damaging your vehicle.
- There are a few stingy customers â We mentioned that pay is mostly good, but there are still a few customers who try to make low-ball offers.
How do I sign up to work for Dolly?
Visit https://dolly.com/helpers/ and click on either âApply as a Helperâ or âApply as a Handâ link.
What is the website for Dolly?
After you are “hired,” you need to download the app if you haven’t done so already.
Here are the places where you can download the app:
- Dolly app for iOS devices
- Dolly app for Android devices
Dolly is one of the most popular gig apps for people who want to help DIY movers, and the earning potential is quite substantial for anyone who owns a truck!
Dolly is legit! It’s going to be a great way to supplement your income. It’s a fun job, and we have no problem recommending it. Just be mindful of the wear and tear on your vehicle.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|