Table of Contents
What is DoorDash?
DoorDash is the most popular food delivery app in the United States. If you live in or near a city of any size, it will probably operate in your backyard. Maybe you’ve even used DoorDash to order from your favorite restaurant.
If you are familiar with DoorDash, you know it is not a one-way street. Without thousands-strong crew of hard-hustling delivery folks called Dashers, the app wouldn’t work, and the world would be a little hungrier for it.
How does DoorDash work?
DoorDash is a real-time logistics company where people can order the best food in town. Once a customer orders something on the app, the restaurant prepares the food, and the “Dasher” picks it up and delivers it to the customer. Dashers can also increase the quality of their customer service by voluntarily unpacking the order for the recipient. DoorDash is available in cities in the United States and Canada.
What are the requirements to work for DoorDash?
Here is an essential qualification checklist for becoming a Doordash driver.
- You must be over 18 years old.
- Have a smartphone (iPhone or Android) for the dasher app
- Provide a social security number
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle, or access to a bicycle if authorized
- Provide adequate personal auto insurance that meets or exceeds state requirements
- Pass a Doordash background check.
How do you earn money in DoorDash?
The DoorDash app offers only one way to earn money, and that is to become one of your Dashers.
As Dasher, you will pick up food from a restaurant and take it to your destination location. You will earn every time you make a delivery, and you can also keep 100% of the tip that customers give you.
How much money can you make on DoorDash?
Some Dashers through Reddit claim to earn between $8 and $15 an hour, while others have earnings above $20 an hour.
A Redditor says he earns between $600 and $1000, with an average of around $750 per week. Keep in mind that he drives 4-5 days a week.
Pros of working for DoorDash
- Weekly pay is an excellent thing for people who have existing jobs that pay once or twice a month.
- It is possible to earn genuine income from the side delivering restaurant food.
- Learn about new or new to you restaurants in your community so you can impress your friends or other important people with recommendations.
- Flexible scheduling that you can configure up to six days in advance.
- Availability in an increasing number of cities, many of which are not yet covered by their competitors.
Cons of working for DoorDash
- One of the big complaints people have about DD is that it doesn’t keep them busy enough.
- Dashers feel they must scramble to earn minimum hourly rates.
- Some of them are forced to resort to taking less savory Dashes so they can qualify for guaranteed minimum rates per delivery.
- It is also a contractor position, so you don’t get benefits like you would a traditional 9 to 5 job, including paid time off.
How do I sign up to work for DoorDash?
Sign up to become a driver through the app or on the DoorDash website.
What is the DoorDash website?
Does DoorDash have an app?
The Dasher app is available for both iPhone and Android phones.
If you want to get out there and put a lot of money in your pocket, pick up another gig on the side. Drive for Uber or Lyft, and you can stay busy most of the time. Do your DoorDash deliveries through dinner. Then, when the restaurants close, you can pick up those Uber and Lyft passengers looking for a way to get home from the bars.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|