Table of Contents
What is Dribbble?
Dribbble.com is a social network for web designers, developers, and other creative people where they can showcase their ideas and designs with others. Users can upload their original work and also follow other designers.
Dribbble is a community of designers based in Salem, Massachusetts that started as a side project and is now a profitable company.
How does Dribbble work?
Dribbble is primarily a visual Twitter; the Artist’s Twitter, if you will. In essence, artists publish (or “shoot” as the site calls it) their images, their followers see and comment on them (and sometimes “rebound” around related images of their own), and the full value of the site is kept together by this self-sustaining brainstorming network. It can even get you jobs.
When you create your account on Dribble.com, you are known as a prospect. You put your website on your profile, look for artists you like and follow them. Try to comment, interact with people and be noticed because, to become a shooter, you must be drafted by a site member.
Periodically, Dribbble issues invitations to members so that they can draft prospects. This concept of quality control through exclusivity is very new on social media, although it seems to work well for this platform, at least in terms of keeping it looking good.
What are the requirements to post on Dribbble?
While you can join Dribbble and be listed as a Prospect, you cannot upload work unless invited to do so through an existing member. This is done as a way to control the growth rate of the site, but some see it as a form of elitism.
How do you earn money on Dribbble?
Dribbble is suitable for illustrators, artists, typographers, interface designers, icon artists, and web designers. People looking for a social network such as a portal where they can share their web designs with others or see other people’s designs can try Dribbble.
How much money can you make on Dribbble?
Set by you
Pro of posting on Dribbble
- If you want to get inspired, Dribbble is the place for you. There is a lot of good work to navigate, comment and participate. It is an excellent mental distraction if you are working on a problem of your own design.
- Dribbble is more than an online community. Dribbblers at different locations gather for meetups and design networking
- Each page is simple and surprising. Thanks to consistent previews, projects are easy to see.
- Dribbble supports sending unlimited messages to designers and searching for hired designers.
- Dribbble supports the promotion of design products and services and following designers.
Cons of posting on Dribbble
- Dribbble can be a great distraction. There is so much to see, and then there are the rebounds, which will make you wonder if you really just spent 3 hours enhancing someone else’s original animation concept.
- Dribbble is not the best place to keep a portfolio, although it is improving. You can do it, but it can be a bit difficult to explain and share.
- There are small ads everywhere. Dribbble needs a source of income to survive and prosper, but some people dislike it.
- If you really want all the network features, you must pay. It may be worth it if you’re using it to sell good or get a job (or the ads drive you crazy).
- Dribbble’s 300×400 pixel limit may be an issue for some users
How do I sign up on Dribbble?
At the top of the home page, click “Sign Up” in the upper right corner. Enter your email address or register through Facebook, Twitter or Google.
How do I sign up to post on Dribbble?
Does Dribbble have an app?
There are no available apps.
Getting on dribbble and becoming a player is a great way to get your work out there. It is also a great place to connect with many great designers. However, you shouldn’t get on the dribbble just for the sake of it. And it would help if you didn’t design for this reason either.
Design because you love it. Create a great job. Then use dribbble as a way to display it, not for likes or views. Do it to inspire and move other designers.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|