Table of Contents
What is Firefly?
Firefly is a street-level digital media network connecting audiences to dynamic media on taxis and ridesharing. The company works with taxi companies and taxi drivers to install its proprietary advertising screens atop their cars. These displays present dynamic content based on location-based, WiFi-enabled triggers. Firefly provides additional revenue streams to maximize driving time and enable brands to efficiently engage consumers in our nation’s busiest cities, including San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Dallas, Chicago, Miami, and Austin.
How does Firefly work?
Despite the promise of a flexible, well-paid job, many in the gig transportation economy struggle to make ends meet. As the rideshare market becomes increasingly saturated, driver wages have stagnated, which means that more hours are required to earn a healthy return.
Firefly works directly with these drivers to install their displays on top of their vehicles, turning them into programmable and geo-targeted out-of-home (OOH) ad stations. Not only does this offset stagnant wages in the ridesharing economy, but Firefly represents a growing exercise of entrepreneurial freedom from drivers to expand their income beyond what they earn directly through ridesharing platforms.
What are the requirements to work for Firefly?
The minimum age is 21 years. A valid driver’s license with at least one (1) year is required. The driver must have a valid Credit Card accepted by the Provider for all necessary pre-authorization amounts and settlement of final rental charges.
How do you earn money on Firefly?
Drivers, who often earn less than minimum wage, can supplement their wages with money earned from advertising.
How much money can you make on Firefly?
The average driver on the Firefly network generates an additional $300 per month in free cash flow, effectively adding 20 percent more profit to their driving time.
Pros of working for Firefly
- Rideshare drivers can raise up to $300 a month from display ads, according to Firefly, the equivalent of a 20% increase in profit for drivers.
- It is ideal for Uber, Lyft, and taxi drivers, because they usually log so much time on the road, but technically any car owner can participate.
- Advertisers target their campaigns based on geography so that ads only appear on the screen when drivers pass through a specific neighborhood.
- A minimum of 10% of advertising screen time is spent promoting local nonprofits, charities, and advocacy groups.
Cons of working for Firefly
- Drivers will be paid based on the number of hours they drive.
- It is not clear how permanent these screens are and if they will potentially damage drivers’ cars.
- Some passengers don’t appreciate car-mounted signs. Ouchi, a ridesharing driver, said a passenger canceled on him, accusing him of “double-dipping” after seeing the flashing screen. “He was like, ‘I don’t like cheats,'” he said.
How do I sign up to work for Firefly?
Download their application to register
What is the website for Firefly?
Does Firefly have an app?
The Firefly app is available for both Android and iOS.
We think this is an excellent idea. How much you can earn with Firefly depends on how many hours you drive, but it’s a decent hustle and bustle that doesn’t require a lot of effort on your part. It is passive income!
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|