Table of Contents
What is Freelancer.com?
Freelancer.com is another popular freelance talent staffing site, which is similar to Upwork (formerly oDesk). More than 25 million registered users have completed more than 12 million projects with Freelancer.com, meaning that a lot of companies around the world are using these independent professionals for outsourced software and application development, writing, design, and other business services.
How does Freelancer.com work?
Freelancer.com is a site that tries to make freelancing easier for the Freelancer, and the one looking for freelancing work. Freelancer does this by hosing what you could call a marketplace where people can post jobs they need to be done.
Upon coming to Freelancer, you’ll be given two choices â signing up to hire someone or to work. More than likely, you’ll want to sign up because you want to work.
You’ll be asked about the skills that you have, and which ones you want to freelance with.
These skills can be anywhere from programming and machine learning, to copywriting and SEO. Freelancer has a large variety of different skills you can choose, and plenty of work to find with each skill.
What are the requirements to work for Freelancer.com?
There are, of course, a few questions you must answer to get your account set up and ready to go. Importantly, you’ll need to choose the set of skills you possess based on the type of freelancing you intend to do. Pick the ones you can do to help Freelancer.com suggest the right jobs for you.
How much money can you make on Freelancer.com?
It depends on your ability and the quality of the service you provide. Therefore it will vary from a few $ to 4k-8k per month.
How do you earn money on Freelancer.com?
Freelancer.com offers several options to locate work. Through the platform, you can:
- Browse jobs by category
- Get job invites
- Get job updates through the site or app
Pros of working for Freelancer.com
- The significant number of projects available: There are over 13 million users on the website, and the right amount of them are employers.
- The tasks and services you can offer through this website are extensive. They are ranging from software development to data entry.
- Great accessibility: Freelancer.com is actually the most straightforward marketplace to use, from account setup to the bidding process.
- A variety of payment options.
- People opt to become a freelancer as they will be able to work according to their schedule.
Cons of working for Freelancer.com
- Many people have complained about slow customer service. To be able to place more bids, you will need to pay a monthly fee.
- The major complaint about a job freelance writing is that you may not have a fixed amount coming to your account every month.
- Freelancers can also only submit up to 8 proposals per month before they must upgrade to a paid account.
- You may find some clients who are extremely difficult to manage. They may fail in giving the right instructions and information for completing the job or maybe inaccessible to clear any doubts.
How do I sign up to work for Freelancer.com?
When it comes to signing up for Freelancer, the steps are pretty simple and easy to follow. Signing up on this particular platform is much easier than signing up for Upwork (formerly Elance). You can use either your Facebook account to sign up, which speeds things up just a little or sign up with your email address.
What is the website for Freelancer.com?
Freelancer.com’s mobile app makes it easy to communicate with clients, submit proposals, and submit work. The app is well-received, with a 4.1 / 5 stars on Google Play, and 4.4 / 5 stars on the iOS App Store.
Freelancer.com is by far one of the better freelance platforms out there today, but it has its faults. It’s easy to use and can ultimately make you a decent amount of money once you gain experience and more clients. Still, the system is set in such a way that Freelancer.com squeezes far too much money out of its freelancers using the platform, and the overabundance of ways a bad client can ruin your ratings is hard to ignore.
While freelancers compete for online work, it is crucial that they find the platform that will best suit them. Ultimately, if you are willing to pay the fees and stay on top of your clients to ensure they leave good feedback, Freelancer is well worth your time and should be considered if you are seeking work from home opportunities.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|