Table of Contents
What is Getaround?
Getaround is a peer-to-peer vehicle rental network that allows car owners to rent their vehicles to nearby renters. Renters can rent your vehicles for as little as an hour. Getaround place a device in your vehicle that allows an app to lock it, unlock it the car’s location so that renters can access the vehicle without ever meeting the owner.
How does Getaround work?
Getaround’s algorithm matches car owners with clients looking for a rental car.
Drivers can choose which car they would like to rent and post a description of the app. Car owners set the period that their vehicle will be available, and drivers search for cars for the expected rental period.
Using a phone app, drivers find their car and unlock it through Getaround’s Connect system â a GPS tracking and cellular communications system that helps make this whole process safer for both parties. Getaround is headquartered in San Francisco, and its auto service is available at the time of publishing in 10 USA cities.
What are the requirements to list on Getaround?
The most important thing to know about Getaround is that, as someone who wants to rent their vehicle to others, your car must meet the flowing requirements, as described in the company’s fine print:
- Must be 2006 or newer
- Must have less than 125,000 miles
- Once your vehicle reaches 125,000 miles, you should stop renting it and notify the company
- Your vehicle is not eligible if you have made aftermarket changes to the engine to increase performance
- Cannot have a salvage or repair title
- You must upload photos from all four sides of the car.
How do you earn money on Getaround?
Users can rent cars per hour for just $5, though prices vary depending on the make, model, year, and the time of day. Price includes 24/7 roadside assistance and insurance coverage of up to $1 million.
How much money can you make on Getaround?
Renters can rent their car for as little as an hour and as long as it’s available. Hourly rental rates are typical $5 – $10/hour. Getaround pays you 60% of the rental fee, and they keep 40%.
Pros of listing on Getaround
- Getaround renters are insured for $1 million in primary insurance, and drivers are screened to make sure they have a secure record behind the wheel. Coverage includes primary protection, liability, collision, comprehensive, theft, and uninsured motorist protection.
- Your car works for youâhigh passive income.
- You set the rules. Don’t want pets in your vehicle? You can make that part of the deal. Getaround says it helps enforce no-smoking policies in cars.
- You set the schedule for your car.
Cons of listing on Getaround
- Getaround is not available in many cities, so it is not an option for so many people who want to share their cars.
- People could wreck your car, not return it on time or even leave it far away. Yes, there are repercussions for them, and you will receive compensation, but that does not mean that there won’t be hassle or annoyance.
- Wear and tear. It may seem like easy money, but even if drivers return your car clean with a full tank of gas, you should remember that every mile comes at a cost.
How do I sign up to list on Getaround?
Signing up on the platform takes only a few minutes and, if you want, you can use your Facebook account to log in.
What is the website for Getaround?
Does Getaround have an app?
We believe that Getaround is an excellent option for you if you want to rent your car in the easiest way possible. While you’re going to pay a $20 monthly fee and the company takes a 40% reduction in your profits, you have the luxury of knowing that you don’t have to run around town meeting renters.
Although you should be aware that there is no way to guarantee how much money you will earn with Getaround.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|