Table of Contents
What is goPuff?
goPuff was created by two (genius) Drexel University students who wanted convenience store items delivered to them. Previous delivery companies like Postmates required the driver to go to a store or restaurant to grab requested items, then truck the items on out to way across town â sometimes resulting in defrosted ice cream and a disappointed customer.
goPuff instead has warehouses full of goodies ready for customers to order. They offer a 30-minute delivery guarantee, 24 hours a day. The service is now in 24 cities, with more coming quickly. Items in stock can include convenience store items, frozen food, household items, vape supplies, sex toys, electronics, and pet supplies. Oh! And beer, glorious beer!
How does goPuff work?
It’s a simple concept: goPuff customers order items using the goPuff app, then goPuff drivers deliver the orders. goPuff is hiring delivery drivers in many cities, so if you’re curious about the job, here’s what goPuff drivers do.
- Drivers schedule shifts in advance each week
- Begin the shift at the local goPuff warehouse
- Deliver orders to customers
- Return to the warehouse to receive more orders
- Deliveries are within a half-hour radius of the goPuff warehouse
- Drivers are paid weekly via direct deposit
What are the requirements to work for goPuff?
To qualify to become a goPuff delivery driver, you must meet these requirements:
- Must be 21 years or older
- Access to a vehicle that you are insured to drive
- Valid driver’s license
- Pass a background check
How do you earn money on goPuff?
This position requires drivers to deliver food orders from a variety of local restaurants to customers at their home, office, college dorm, etc.
How much money can you make on goPuff?
Drivers earn $10 to $14 an hour and keep 100% of their tips.
Pros of working for goPuff
- One of the most significant benefits of driving for goPuff is the fact that you always know precisely where your trips begin and the region where you’ll end up.
- As a self-employed driver, you earn a delivery fee plus tips for each delivery.
- You have the flexibility of picking your own work; you set the days and shifts each week.
- This is an excellent opportunity for students; drivers set their own schedules, which can fit around school obligations!
- To succeed and make money, DEPENDS on you.
- Experience is not necessary.
Cons of working for goPuff
- Stress is an inevitable component of the courier industry
- Need to expand the market
- There are no reimbursements for gas or mileage, and any damage that happens to your car on the clock is something you have to take care of.
- The calls are repetitive, and it can be tedious. It’s bustling on the weekends, gets hectic
How do I sign up to work for goPuff?
When you’re ready to apply to be a goPuff driver, you can head to this career page to look for a delivery driver position within your city.
What is the website for goPuff?
The app is available for free download for both IOS on the App Store and Android in the Play Store.
Like any job, driving for goPuff comes with positives and negatives. On the positive side, the actual delivery work is more straightforward because all items are stored at the goPuff warehouse. You won’t have to deal with navigating to stores or restaurants to pick up items, which is a downside that comes with UberEATS or Postmates.
The unclear compensation structure is a negative aspect of the job, and the overall pay â even at the top range of $15/hour â may not be all that great after accounting for taxes and expenses. Having to begin a shift by showing up on time to the goPuff warehouse may be a negative feature to some because other on-demand delivery apps don’t require the same.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|