Table of Contents
What is Grubhub?
GrubHub is an online firm that deals with food where people go to order food online, founded in 2004. In 2013 GrubHub merged with its competitor Seamless to grow and overtake the online food ordering market. The next year Grubhub introduced delivery through its online platform, and that’s where you fit in the story (lol).
How does Grubhub work?
GrubHub’s primary focus is the driver to arrive at a chosen or nearby restaurant when the food is ready. The food is then placed in a well-designed bag and sent on its way. Grubhub’s technology allows customers and restaurants to track the delivery time for a meal.
Drivers can select to plan themselves in “blocks” of time. It is a guarantee that the driver’s availability to pick up and deliver orders. Based on their program level, the driver may pick up and drop blocks as they see fit.
What are the requirements to sign up to work for Grubhub?
To work for Grubhub, you only need to fill out an application. They’ll look over your application, conduct a background check, and see if you’re a good fit. If you’re approved, you’ll be granted access to their app to pick up orders in real-time as they arrive.
The point listed below is all of the GrubHub vehicle and driver requirements:
- Must be at least 19 years old. (Chicago drivers must be 21 or older)
- Two years driving experience is required.
- Own an Android with 4.0 or higher (data plan required) or an iPhone with iOS 8 or higher.
- A valid driver’s license is vital for every applicant, and the vehicle must be covered by “auto insurance.”
- Bikers need a valid ID.
- Must have a bank account to receive direct deposit payments
- Must pass a background check.
To see if Grubhub operates in your city, consult the full list on Grubhub.com.
How do you earn money on Grubhub?
As a Grubhub Driver, your main job is to pick up food from a specific location and deliver it to a particular customer.
How much money can you make on Grubhub?
Grubhub delivery drivers earn around $3.00 to $4.00 for every completed delivery and are compensated $0.50 for every mile they drive from the restaurant to the customer. They also get to keep 100 percent of the tips they receive.
Pros of working for Grubhub
- Pay is $20+ an hour
- The zones where you work and deliver to are not ridiculously far, so you save more on gas
- Uses Google Maps, so directions are more consistent
- Payments are sent once a week on Thursday via direct deposit.
Cons of working for Grubhub
- You can get a bunch of $4-5 orders from fast food delivery
- Simply driving for a rideshare company means extra wear and tear on your vehicle
- As a result of all these extra costs and wear on your vehicle, you may face the additional cost of replacing your vehicle sooner than you had previously planned.
How do I sign up to work for Grubhub?
To get started with Grubhub, go to the website, then select “Sign” in the upper right corner of the screen.
What is the website for Grubhub?
Does Grubhub have an app?
Not everyone is cut out for the role of a food delivery driver. If you’ve got a car that guzzles gasoline, this won’t be the position that will serve your needs best.
It’s okay; there are lots of ways to make extra money online and offline that do not require a vehicle.
But if you are looking for a legit side hustle, this is an excellent opportunity to make money in your car. Especially if you can work during high-demand hours.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|