Table of Contents
What is Houzz?
Houzz is a hub for interior designers, remodelers, dealers, contractors, and homeowners.
It was founded by Adi and Alon (a couple) who were looking to remodel their home. Once they realized how demanding it was to search through countless magazines for inspiration and even more complicated to find the right professionals for the job, they came up with Houzz.
Think of Houzz as LinkedIn for home improvement professionals. It allows you to host an online portfolio of your work, services, and contact information.
Homeowners looking for inspiration or looking to hire a professional can search Houzz to find the perfect person or company for their project.
How does Houzz work?
Houzz has become one of the leading websites dedicated to everything related to decoration, remodeling, and home improvement. The site not only offers guides, articles, product reviews, and much more, but owners can connect with professionals through the platform.
Of course, hiring a professional can be daunting, and Houzz offers reviews from past clients to help users make an informed decision. They can contact you directly if they like what they see â all they need to do is fill out a form through your Houzz profile, and they can even request a quote.
What are the requirements to list on Houzz?
Before thinking about effective marketing, you must create a profile. Houzz enables designers, architects, remodelers, and other professionals to create “Pro Profiles.”
On your profile, you can include links to your other online profiles, a description of your business, cost information, where your business is located, certifications you have earned, and more. As with any other channel, you will see better results if you spend some time making sure your profile is up to snuff.
How do you earn money on Houzz?
If you want to market your business on Houzz, start with a free profile and see what other companies in your industry and area are doing. Stay active by uploading photos from recent projects and let satisfied customers know they can leave a review for you on your page.
How much money can you make on Houzz?
Pros of selling on Houzz
- Houzz is reportedly the fourth largest market in the United States, based on third-party sales volume.
- Houz enables you to market your home services company on the Internet by providing detailed information about your business.
- You can also use Houzz to connect with potential customers by communicating through customer reviews and the Questions and Answers section.
- Houzz experiences around 40 million monthly visitors.
- Houzz uses augmented reality to help consumers visualize furniture and decorations in their homes, and this is proving to be accessible and successful.
Cons of selling on Houzz
- Contractors can buy their way to the top, Houzz prioritizes paid lists.
- There is no real evidence that Houzz leads are a result of promoted results.
- With that said, Houzz Pro+ advertising is most likely not worth the cost to your home services business.
How do I sign up to sell on Houzz?
To become one of the sellers on the Houzz Marketplace, you must first go to Houzz.com and let the platform know that you want to join the party. You can do that here.
What is the website for Houzz?
Does Houzz have an app?
The Houzz app is available for iOS and Android devices.
Houzz is easy to use and navigate. Any designer or construction company can get started quickly. It pays to be part of the professional database and actively interact with people who are looking for professionals to help them. A contractor can add a call to action to their listing, such as a “Free Consultation” or a coupon. There is also a sponsored listing option for faster visibility.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|