Table of Contents
What is Lionbridge?
Lionbridge.com is a multinational software and professional services company that provides language, content and testing solutions worldwide. The company, based in Waltham, Massachusetts, was founded in 1996 by Rory Cowan, who is now Chairman of the Board of Directors.
Through its global crowdsourcing platform known as The Smart Crowd, it’s estimated that Lionbridge has over 100,000 home-based agents available at its disposal for opportunities in business services, search evaluation, content and media, categorization, and data management.
How does Lionbridge work?
Lionbridge is slightly different in style from Appen, offering you the opportunity to work remotely from your home or at any of its 47 branches worldwide.
Lionbridge currently has cooperation with companies and brands in 26 countries around the world. Depending on the service you can render and past experience, Lionbridge offers full-time, part-time, or self-employment opportunities from home.
The platform is open to accepting corporate associates from different fields of life, including technology, finance, banking, marketing, interpreters, gaming, legal, life science, manufacturing, and translators.
Besides, Lionbridge also has a few subcategories, namely raters, curators, and testers. These subcategories are open to college students, corporate associates, and anyone interested in working from home.
What are the requirements to work for Lionbridge?
- Must be fluent in your language and also good at surfing the Internet.
- High school diploma or GED qualification
- For cultural awareness purposes, you must live in the United States for the past 5 consecutive years.
- Regarding technology requirements, you need a PC with Windows 7 or Vista as a minimum. They don’t seem to be compatible with Mac.
How do you earn money on Lionbridge?
There are several jobs available, and your location assessments will determine which ones are best for you. The most popular (but not limited to) jobs are:
- Ads Quality Rater
- Internet Accessor
- Search Engine Evaluator
- Social Media Evaluator
- Map Quality Analyst
- Test Associate (testing games, apps etc.)
- Voice Data Collection
How much money can you make on Lionbridge?
Lionbridge keeps this information private, and its workers must sign a confidentiality agreement that promises to keep payment details private. Still, in the past, it was supposedly around $13 per hour and up, probably depending on the specific task you’re doing.
Pros of working on Lionbridge
- Without commitment and flexible hours.
- Free to register.
- They are not a fly-by-night company. Lionbridge.com has been around for over 20 years.
- For those who speak multiple languages, the interpreter position pays well.
Cons of working for Lionbridge
- The job is unreliable, and you cannot depend on it for a regular income.
- Working from home is excellent, but to be honest, testing, data entry, etc. they are tedious tasks and probably not something you want to do long-term.
How do I sign up to work for Lionbridge?
Just click here to apply. You can go ahead and complete and create your user account, first name, last name, email address, username, and then some passwords there.
What is the website for Lionbridge?
Does Lionbridge have an app?
There are no apps available.
This is an old and established company that has been hiring homeworkers for years. They are absolutely known for paying.
The feedback from the workers is so/so. A lot of people enjoy the job, but apparently, they can be a little strict when they do a review on you, and some people get suspended or let go without much warning.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|