Table of Contents
What is Lyft?
Lyft is the other mega app in the rideshare space. While their service area is a little more limited than Uber, they offer a very similar service and money-making opportunity to the app users.
Lyft is a ride-sharing app and transport company founded in 2012. Currently, it is only available in the U.S and Canada.
How does Lyft work?
Lyft, as it exists today, depends on a fleet of paid part- or full-time drivers to transport riders to and from their destinations. If you’re interested in setting your own hours and earning extra money as a driver for Lyft, head to the Lyft website and click “Driver.” Enter your cell phone and then click “Apply to Drive.” The site will take you through a series of prompts to determine your eligibility.
What are the requirements to work for Lyft?
Your car needs to be in good condition and free from major dings and dents, and you’re required to show that you are friendly, can follow a GPS, understand how to use the app as well as keep your vehicle clean and drive passengers safely.
Here are some basic things to keep in mind if you want to be a Lyft driver:
- You must be at least 23 years old.
- You need to own a car that was made in 2000 or later and in decent condition.
- You must have a smartphone.
- You need to be able to pass a background check.
- You can’t have any major traffic infractions in the last year.
How do you earn money on Lyft?
This rideshare app allows workers to use their own car to pick up Lyft app users on a per-ride basis.
How much money can you make on Lyft?
Over the years, claims have been made that drivers regularly earn anywhere from $20 to $30 (or more!) an hour driving for the ride-sharing service.
Pros of working for Lyft
- Riders can give tips through the app
- Prime Time increases driver earnings
- Hourly guarantee
- Offers sign-on bonuses ranging from $50 to $200 depending on how many rides you give in the first 30 days
- Driver requirements are relatively simple
- The app uses Waze, which calculates traffic into route directions
Cons of working for Lyft
- No way of knowing passenger’s destination, so you may agree to a more extended drive than you intended
- Many times the best hours to work are late nights and weekends
- Lyft takes 20 to 25% commission
How do I sign up to work for Lyft?
You can use the app to sign up and complete the application process. Everything is done through the app or website, so you don’t need to physically go to an office, which makes things more comfortable and more convenient.
What is the website for Lyft?
Lyft app is available for both iOS and Android.
Lyft and other companies that offer rideshare are becoming the wave of the future. Riders get to have a sense of security when they get into a car. Both drivers and riders are able to know their passenger’s names, and the program creates a secure buffer. There are no strangers or surprises with Lyft.
If you’re considering Lyft, you need to do some research. Talk to drivers in your area to see how satisfied they are with their experience. Do the math on how much your vehicle costs to fuel and maintain. Then figure out how much you need to gross in order to make what you consider to be good money.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|