Table of Contents
What is OfferUp
OfferUp is eBay meets Craigslist, localized. It is a mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers that has surpassed eBay’s early days in terms of sales volume. Many people like it, as their users spend the same amount of time on OfferUp in a day as they do on Snapchat or Instagram, according to Business Insider.
How does OfferUp work?
OfferUp allows you to list a wide variety of items, including:
- Home Furniture
- Musical Instruments
- Tools and Machinery.
OfferUp specifies that your post should be a tangible item in your possession rather than something intangible, such as a service or ad. Furthermore, you cannot sell gift cards, alcohol, or offensive items on the platform. See the full list of prohibited listings here.
What are the requirements to list on OfferUp?
1. Set up an OfferUp account and set its location: OfferUp needs this to show the area where you are selling.
2. Take photos of your item to display – Photos allow buyers to see what they are getting.
3. Give your item a title: keep the title short and sweet; you can add additional details later.
4. Describe your stuff by selecting a category and the condition it is in: the app gives you many options for this step.
5. Write further details that best describe your item – add any additional information about your item, such as a more accurate description of the condition of the items or if it has any accessories.
6. Set your price: You can choose if you want a firm price or allow buyers to haggle with you with the “Firm Price” option.
7. Wait for the buyers
How do you earn money on OfferUp?
Anyone who has unwanted things around the house can take advantage of the app to promote and sell to the local community.
How much money can you make on OfferUp?
As long as the items are in good condition and functional, they can be priced between $1 to $500 (or more).
Pros of listing on OfferUp
- With mobile technology, you can sell literarily from your own home.
- Places like eBay charge you for listing, but that’s not the case with OfferUp. At least not yet.
- Of all the mobile sales apps, OfferUp probably has one of the highest traffic volumes that receives around 17 million visitors each month and continues to grow.
Cons of listing on OfferUp
- OfferUp will charge a fee of 7.9% of the sale transaction. It’s plus a boosting fee, which can cumulatively affect the sales profit.
- Many people will test your patience and ask for more discounts, even when the price is considerably low.
- Since most offers are targeted at local communities, selling an item will require you to meet with customers at a designated location to exchange the item for money.
How do I sign up to list on OfferUp?
- Download and install the OfferUp app on your device from the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Sign up for OfferUp through the options given. Please use a valid email address and a strong password.
What is the website for OfferUp?
Does OfferUp have an app?
The OfferUp software, which is available for iOS and Android, allows the purchase and sale of used products.
Selling through OfferUp is an excellent opportunity to get rid of some of your unwanted things in comfort. You will be surprised by what interests the local market, and you will probably become addicted, which is not entirely wrong. After all, it is an altogether legitimate online activity.
However, if you are looking to make a lot of profit, you need to cross-promote on different platforms or rack up a lot of second-hand items for listings to increase your chances of sales.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|