Table of Contents
What is Porch?
Porch is an online platform for homeowners where they can post projects to get quotes from contractors or hire a Porch Service professional to do the work on their home.
Porch is based in Seattle and was founded in 2012, then launched in 2013. The two founders of the company are Matt Ehrlichman and Ronnie Castro.
Ehrlichman, the company’s CEO, spent about five years at ACTIVE Network, a marketplace for activities and events. Castro, the company’s vice president of customer operations, previously worked at Google, Expedia, and Wild Tangent before helping found Porch.
How does Porch work?
From the consumer’s point of view, owners can first describe their project (“deck construction,” for example). They then enter a timeline from 48 hours to within a year, then enter details about precisely what they’re looking for. They can add a quote and even upload relevant photos. Then the project location is added, and then nearby contractors are alerted to the project. The homeowner can then speak directly to individual contractors to discuss the details. A pro can call, text, or email the owner through the project page.
What are the requirements to work for Porch?
How do you earn money on Porch?
When the owner posts a project they would like to complete, contractors bid on the project, and all reservations and payments are completed off-site. Contractors pay a subscription fee based on their service and service area.
How much money can you make on Porch?
It varies by project.
Pros of working for Porch
- Because Porch is a newer site and not as well-known as other contractor sites, fewer contractors compete for leads on the website.
- Porch has numerous partnerships with companies like Lowes and BBB that help it bolster its offering to consumers and improve the quality of information on your site.
- Useful for small contractors who want short, hands-on jobs that only take a couple of hours to complete.
- Sometimes you can request a refund for bad leads.
- You can pay a premium to be featured in local Lowes stores.
Cons of working for Porch
- It can be challenging to unsubscribe and suspend payments.
- Conversely, because Porch is a newer site and not as well-known as other contractor sites, there are often fewer leads to bid.
- Porch offers the “Porch Guarantee,” which is your version of a background check. One requirement is a robust online presence, which can be challenging for companies that are just starting or have always found offline business.
How do I sign up to work for Porch?
Click here and set up your profile today!
What is the website for Porch?
Does Porch have an app?
There are no apps available.
Porch has secured partnerships with established companies. Its partnership with the BBB allows them to display more accurate and verified information about contractors. Their collaboration with Lowes extends its advertising capabilities beyond the Internet into Lowes stores.
For owners, it might be looking into, but for contractors, proceed with caution. If you try, pay close attention to the amount you are paying, so you don’t get ripped off.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|