Table of Contents
What is Reedsy?
The Reedsy platform offers a new eco-system for authors to help create attractive books. There are two important focal points: the first is the editor, and the second is the marketplace “sales.” Both are offered in a slick, user-friendly background that makes it easy to find editors, proofreaders, cover designers, ghostwriters, and marketers to help you with your book production writing and developing content for each chapter of the book. The editor allows you to import the finished manuscript and export it for digital print.
How does Reedsy work?
How it works is that you will get work requests from potential clients, who are mainly self-published authors.
Then, if you’re interested in the project they’ve offered you, you will respond with your quote. You will start working on the project once you have come to a mutual agreement, usually using Reedsy’s online collaboration toolkit.
What are the requirements to sign up to list on Reedsy?
- Firstly, you have to be above 18;
- Possess substantial experience in the relevant field â web design, writing, Editing, etc.;
- a portfolio of previous projects that you have worked on that match the services you offer;
- Testimonials or reviews of your work
- Pass the site’s test.
How do you earn money on Reedsy?
- Set up an account or Sign up.
- Create a free profile on Reedsy, where you will showcase your abilities and previous work experience. Check out some examples of outstanding profiles.
- When your application is approved, and your profile becomes available on the Reedsy marketplace, you can start bidding on projects.
How much money can you make on Reedsy?
As far as top-line information goes from the Reedsyteam’s put-together of its numbers, developmental Editing remains the highest-paid service, with the amounts in US dollars:
- Developmental Editing: $989
- Editorial Assessment: $674
- Copyediting: $703
- Indexing: $500
- Query Letter Review: $325
- Proofreading: $513
- Book Cover Design: $586
A couple of categories of work are worth closer looks.
Pros of listing on Reedsy
- As a freelancer, you never need to run for the bus again, or get stuck in traffic, unless you are on your way to the airport to spend the next three months working from a beachside villa!
- How much you earn depends on you. You’re the one who sets your rates, selects projects to work on, and decides how much time you’d like to spend working.
- When you work for a boss, you often have to edit whatever lands on your desk. One day it’s the annual report, the next it’s a memo to the sales department.
Cons of listing on Reedsy
- Getting started as an editor can be challenging.
- Many freelance editors go through dry times when the jobs are not coming in as fast as they used to.
- You need a lot of discipline to earn more money.
How do I sign up to list on Reedsy?
Create an account, enter your email in the big box at the center of the screen, or create an account via Facebook.
What is the website for Reedsy?
Does Reedsy have an app?
No available app
There’s no need to run after clients for your money because the company automatically pays you on the due dates. Reedsy is an online platform for those in search of full-time jobs, freelancers who are looking to make a living online, and for those who want to make some money on the side.
Did we also state that this company shares a lot of inspirational resources to support its community members? Check them out.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|