Table of Contents
What is Roomorama?
Online travel start-up Roomorama.com has merged with short-term rental site Lofty.com in a bid to scale up and has secured the US $2.1 million in seed funding to accelerate its growth.
With offices in New York and Singapore, Roomorama is available in major markets, including the United States, Canada, Europe, and Australia.
The start-up was founded by Jia En Teo and Federico Folcia, who came up with the idea after renting their New York apartments to tourists to subsidize their own travel plans.
How does Roomorama work?
Have you ever wondered how people are renting their apartments or homes on Roomorama?
The business model is straightforward: individuals like yourself have extra space in their property and want to utilize it in a way to subsidize their cost of ownership, just like house hacking. Travelers need an affordable place that they can rest for a quick trip to town or an alternative option to corporate housing if they need more extended accommodations.
What are the requirements to work for Roomorama?
The only restrictions that Roomorama puts in place on its listings are the following:
- Space must only be used for lodging.
- The property is accurately portrayed online, in the same location as described, and is bookable by the host.
How do you earn money on Roomorama?
If you’re not wild about having an additional person living in your home full time, consider using short-term rental sites like Roomorama where you can set availability as you chose.
How much money can you make on Roomorama?
Income can vary dramatically depending on where you’re based, how frequently you rent out your place, the quality of your home and the services you provide.
Pros of working for Roomorama
- In our experience, short-term rental in a good location, well furnished, well photographed, and attended to with great care and customer service can pull in two-to-three times the revenue of an unfurnished, long-term rental. So yes, the money is perfect.
- Millions of travelers from all walks of life and from every corner of the earth now use the short-term rental platform.
- One of the clear advantages of not having a long-term tenant in your home is the ability to block off dates that your home is simply not available.
- One of the things that we love about Roomorama is that our guests have already paid before they ever stay in our home. We never have to deal with the monthly stress that many landlords do of trying to chase down tenants to collect their rental fees.
Cons of working for Roomorama
- While running a profitable Roomorama is not rocket science, it’s also not a walk in the park. You will work and work hard.
- There is no way around it. Inviting numerous guests into your place day after day, week after week does open you up to some risk.
- While there is the possibility of making more money off your house as a Roomorama rental than as a long-term rental, there are no guarantees.
- Do you like to travel? We do too! But as Roomorama hosts, you can’t just go out of town whenever you want.
- Your city or county may not allow it.
How do I sign up to work for Roomorama?
Signing up for Roomorama is safe and convenient. If you haven’t yet made an account, you can visit their website.
What is the website for Roomorama?
No available app
Roomorama is just one of the best side hustles, and it’s easy to start making money with Roomorama. It complements other platforms like Turo and Uber. The part that is much more difficult is continuing to deliver great service to your guests so you can receive five-star reviews and climb the ranks of property listings.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|