Table of Contents
What is Shipt?
Shipt.com is a grocery delivery service owned by Target Corporation. Shipt membership customers can order groceries and other household essentials from Target, Meijer, Costco, HEB, CVS, and other select retailers. Once a customer places an order, Personal Shoppers nearby will receive an alert. Once a shopper claims the order, they will purchase the items and deliver them to the customer.
How does Shipt work?
Shipt works by connecting members with shoppers and nearby grocery/retail stores. As a shopper, you will use your smartphone and vehicle to accept, buy, and deliver orders. You will earn an amount within the estimated payment range for each order, any promos available with the order.
What are the requirements to work for Shipt?
To shop for, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old or older.
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have a vehicle not older than 1997.
- Know the produce section in a grocery store.
- Have insulated thermal shopping bags.
- Be able to lift more than 40 pounds.
- Have the latest iPhone or Android smartphone.
How do you earn money on Shipt?
You can work part-time or full-time as a personal shopper and set your own flexible hours. This is good for extra cash, something to add as an additional income stream.
How much money can you make on Shipt?
In most cases, orders on Shipt take about an hour to complete and pay up to $22.
Pros of working for Shipt
- You can work anytime you want since Shipt will give you the freedom to set your own hours.
- As a Shipt worker, you can enjoy free membership and hire someone to shop for you when you don’t want to.
- Each order will include an estimated payment fee based on the time it will take to complete.
- In addition to your hourly rate, you can earn extra money from tips, as customers can leave tips after you deliver their purchases.
- Shoppers keep 100% of customer tips.
Cons of working for Shipt
- Shipt will not reimburse you for mileage, so you are responsible for your own gas.
- You will also pay for your own phone and data usage, as Shipt does not reimburse for these either.
- If there is a traffic jam or sudden thunderstorm, completing a Shipt order may take longer than you thought and be less profitable.
- Shipt will not show you the exact items in an order before accepting or rejecting it, only its price.
How do I sign up to work for Shipt?
Just go to their website and click the Apply button to join.
What is the website for Shipt?
Does Shipt have an app?
The Shipt Shopper app is available for iOS or Android.
If you like the idea of making money by helping others shop for groceries, a job like Shipt Shopper may be right for you. It can allow you to earn money whenever your schedule permits and earn a free Shipt membership.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|