Table of Contents
What is Shyp?
If your business is in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Chicago, you’ve likely heard of Shyp because that’s where the company currently operates. Shyp likes to call itself “Uber for shipping.” You can take a picture of your package, order a pickup, print a label, and a courier will come to your location and do the packing and delivery. Service starts at just $5 per pickup (plus packaging and shipping cost, which is discounted based on volume), and you can track all shipments on the mobile or desktop app.
Shyp couriers are either independent contractors or paid employees per job – very similar to the Uber driver model.
How does Shyp work?
Shyp currently employs both bike couriers and auto transport companies. Apply online at Shyp.com to become a Shyp courier. It is customer service that requires you to respond to requests to take delivery and move items of all shapes and sizes. When you apply, Shyp requests your information, availability, and ask why you are a good fit for the job.
The Shyp Courier is basically the company’s face and interacts directly with clients and their valuable items.
What are the requirements for working for Shyp?
- You must be at least 19 years old and have at least two years of driving experience
- A valid and current driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
- Should be able to lift 50 lbs safely and comfortably
- Comfortable to use the latest iOS and Android devices
- The ability or experience in friendly dealings with clients
- Energy and motivation to help new businesses grow
How do you earn money on Shyp?
Shyp Couriers are responsible for accessing the customer’s location on time, accepting the items they wish to be shipped, scanning them into the Shyp system, and safely handing them over to a colleague on the operations team.
How much money can you make on Shyp?
Pay rates depend on your position and location, but you can usually make around $17 an hour as a courier and about $14 an hour as a packager.
Pros of working for Shyp
- Everyone who works for Shyp is an employee. This is a massive benefit for job seekers.
- As a result, from now on, Shyp Couriers will have access to the same benefits and protections
- Many Shyp couriers spoke of enjoying their ability to match their work hours to their personal lives
- Being a mailman/ independent contractor gives you the freedom to be your own boss; you decide the hours you work and how much you drive.
- Since you set your own hours, you can start and stop whenever you want – or even stop altogether; it’s entirely up to you.
Cons of working for Shyp
- Couriers also face pressure to get essential materials to their destinations as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Staying alert while making deliveries is a must. Sometimes, you might come across a people’s pet that would give you a scare of a lifetime if you don’t pay attention.
- Shyp courier services require you to use your own vehicle.
How do I sign up to work for Shyp?
Visit shyp.com to get started.
What is the website for Shyp?
Does Shyp have an app?
The Shyp app is available for iOS and Android.
Shyp is revolutionizing the shipping world, and customers love it. As Shyp courier, you are a part of the shipping pipeline and positively affect someone’s day. It is a rewarding job that you will love.
Unfortunately, the price of unleaded and diesel always fluctuates. You will have to pay for car rental and road tax, which are not cheap and will come from your profit.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|