Table of Contents
What is Skillshare?
Skillshare started in November 2010, and the website went live in 2011. Skillshare is an online learning community.
Thousands of classes are available, from design to data science, photography, and more. It allows students to hone any specialized skills they may have.
Currently, more than 22,000 classes are offered, and 4 million students are signed up worldwide. In 2014 Skillshare.com created a new platform that allowed anyone to become an instructor. As an instructor, you are responsible for your work and video content, including the frequency of uploads.
How does Skillshare work?
For students, Skillshare works by allowing them to pay a single flat monthly fee or an annual subscription price by the premium status that will enable them to access their registered courses for life.
For instructors, Skillshare works by paying teachers based on the number of times their video is viewed and the number of students who follow a specific teacher and register for premium account access.
What are the requirements to sign up to work for Skillshare?
Creating your first course is not that difficult. According to the Skillshare guidelines, there are some essential requirements:
1. Videos must last a minimum of 10 minutes and no more than 60.
2. Design a class project. It’s homework for your students. We believe that the idea is that it generates participation and interest not only in your course but also the time spent on the platform.
3. Add value and be educational. Skillshare is not YouTube, so there is no spam, self-promotion, pyramid schemes, or rickrolling.
Beyond that, general adherence to their Class Guidelines is expected.
How do you earn money on Skillshare?
Skillshare is a platform for people who like to create. Whether you are a designer, illustrator, baker, engineer, or a homemaker; Everyone has a talent or skill that they do well. Don’t underestimate yourself.
How much money can you make on Skillshare?
The website says that teachers at Skillshare.com earn an average of $1,600 per year. But they also say that their best teachers earn $100,000 a year or more. So there is absolutely money to be made on this site!
Pros of working for Skillshare
- At Skillshare, students learn new things and develop new skills by doing rather than just reading or auditing classes. You can create projects and share them online;
- Learn together with other students through sharing and collaboration. At the moment, Skillshare has a growing community that already exceeds 7 million creators;
- Users will unlock different skills, knowledge, strategies, and styles that the world needs today;
- Great community overall for teachers and students.
- Quality video editing software available to teachers through the website.
Cons of working for Skillshare
- From what we have seen and stated in the pros, anyone can be a teacher, but this can have a drawback.
- Support options could (and should) be better.
- It’s not free. (as with most good things)
How do I sign up to work for Skillshare?
- Enter your name, email address, and password.
- Confirm your email address.
- You are ready to build.
What is the website for Skillshare?
Does Skillshare have an app?
As one of the legitimate jobs at home jobs, skillhare.com offers people with marketable skills the ability to share their knowledge in an online classroom environment and earn money at the same time. Skillshare is a great way to monetize a skill set you already own, which is incredible.
This site could make for an excellent stay at homework if implemented correctly, and to some extent, the income could also be considered passive, which is very good.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|