Table of Contents
What is Splacer?
Airbnb and VRBO have taken over the newest way to book accommodations, but what if there was a similar service for event spaces? A group of architects thought of the same thing and started Splacer, allowing users to find places that would not be available otherwise.
The company has become known for connecting people who want to rent their unconventional space with others looking to host a party or event, be it a birthday, an employee meeting, or an art gathering. Breweries, galleries, museums, Italian villas, boxing parlors, former factories, industrial lofts, and worship houses are just some of the many places listed for rent.
How does Splacer work?
If you have a home or workspace that you wish to list as a location for movie studios, photo sessions, weddings, baby showers, office parties, and other special occasions, Splacer will allow you to list on their site and rent it out by the hour.
The site allows you to specify which activities are acceptable in your space, the price, and whether or not you’re charging a cleaning fee. You can also limit the amount of hours the space is available and charge a penalty fee (1.5 times the hourly rent) for events that take the extra time. Like Airbnb, you need to interact with the renter, knowing how to get them in and out; and work on other details of the deal.
What are the requirements to list on Splacer?
- The home or office/studio/warehouse/outdoor space you want to rent.
- Be able to sign a legal agreement and maintain licenses that may be necessary in your area to rent out your property as a place.
How do you earn money on Splacer?
Splacer allows you to list your home for hourly rentals for special occasions ranging from photo sessions to birthday parties.
How much money can you make on Splacer?
The cost of renting the spaces varies, from $40 or $50 an hour to $5,000 an hour.
Pros of listing on Splacer
- Not only are artists looking for a space benefit, but people who have an impressive and inspiring pad can make some extra money by listing their properties.
- Space owners can also specify how their space will be used. For example, restrict clients to other businesses to exclude events such as weddings or baby receptions if they wish.
- All tools on the platform are free to use, although Splacer receives a commission if an event is booked.
- The property owner determines the rental rate and terms.
Cons of working for Splacer
- Just like your primary residence, things in your space can break or stop working at any time.
- Splacer is only available in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago, and Atlanta, but new cities are being added quickly.
How do I sign up to list on Splacer?
Listing your space on Splacer is entirely free. Go to the Splacer owner login page to get started.
What is the website for Splacer?
Does Splacer have an app?
Splacer is available for both Android and iOS.
It would be ludicrous to think that a location-finding platform could single-handedly revolutionize the entertainment industry. But with plans to expand beyond its existing six core markets, Splacer could become a viable alternative or supplement to Airbnb for those looking to make some money on the side.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|