Table of Contents
What is Swappa?
Swappa is a user-to-user platform that helps people sell used electronic products such as smartphones, laptops, tablets, watches, home technology, and more. The company was established in 2010 when Ben Edwards had a bad experience buying an Android on Craigslist, which nearly leads to a high-speed car chase.
Edwards started Swappa as a side project to build a better market to buy and sell quality mobile devices. Security, simplicity, low fees, and the “human factor” made Swappa unlike any other company out there.
How does Swappa work?
The idea behind Swappa is straightforward. People who want a device buy it directly from the person who sells it. Swappa sets up a sales template for each item, requests specific information about your device, and allows you to post images (along with an identification code so that the buyer can be sure that the photos are legitimate).
One thing is that you don’t have to worry about the large percentage that a company like eBay or Amazon will take out of the sale. If you are a buyer, you don’t have to worry about the profit margin. Swappa charges an additional $10 on each sale, and that’s it. If the seller sets a price of $200 for their device, Swappa adds $10 and displays a cost of $ 210 for the buyer. That’s it. Since these are typically relatively expensive items, Swappa presumes that sellers pay for their shipping, which of course, can be factored into the price they’ve come up with
What are the requirements to list on Swappa?
Used electronics product for sale and the legal right to sell them
How do you earn money on Swappa?
To get started, look for the product in Swappa’s catalog concerning the brand. Make sure the item’s condition meets the sales criteria because it is against the market policy of selling junk or broken products. Then create a list by providing a brief description, photos, and price offer.
When the item is sold, you will be paid immediately via PayPal, so you have the funds on hand before shipping or meeting the buyer.
How much money can you make on Swappa?
Set by you
Pros of listing on Swappa
- According to Trustpilot, about 90% of customers who had used Swappa find that the market is reliable and trustworthy. It is due in part to the notable user interface and secure payment system through PayPal.
- Fees fall on the buyer, so selling and listing on Swappa is technically free.
- Digital technology is a broad market, and trading platforms will also have their value shortly. As long as the stuff is in good condition and remains functional, it still has resale value on Swappa.
- You can deal directly with buyers yourself, allowing ample opportunity for feedback.
Cons of listing on Swappa
- Swappa works primarily for US residents only. And most sellers do not ship internationally.
- Stock can be challenging to find, and drop shipping doesn’t work as well when it comes to second-hand goods.
- At some point, there may be tens to hundreds of listings for a given product, making your item challenging to notice in the crowd. Your listing can only get more exposure if you pay for the featured listing at the cost of $5.
How do I sign up to list on Swappa?
To register, visit the Swappa account registration page and enter some details (name, email address, and password) to create the account.
What is the website for Swappa?
Does Swappa have an app?
You can download the Swappa app only on Android devices to start selling.
Swappa.com has come a long way since 2010 and is a relatively tight tech market with a people-oriented team. We believe it serves as a good outlet for small businesses to sell overstocks of technology/electronics at a cheaper rate and also for ordinary people looking to cash in on their used items.
As long as your phone meets Swappa’s listing criteria and, you’re willing to go the extra mile, and this is where you’ll get the most money for your old device.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|