Table of Contents
What is Swimply?
Founded by BunimLaskin, 22, Swimply is the first online pool sharing market. Similar to Airbnb’s business model, the website and app connect private pool owners with aquatic-seeking renters. Interested renters can view available pools, reviews, and book directly through Swimply.com.
“It can be expensive owning a pool, enjoying one doesn’t have to be,” said BunimLaskin, founder and CEO of Swimply. “We are looking to democratize the pool experience so everyone can enjoy an instant escape from reality, even if it’s just to another backyard down the street.”
How does Swimply work?
Swimply operates similarly to Airbnb by allowing area residents or visitors to reserve time in a pool owned by another person for an hourly rate.
Each pool is given a thorough inspection to ensure that it and the property comply with local health and safety standards.
Once approved, pool owners list their pools on-site, with pictures, details, pricing, and house rules. Swimmers can see all the details plus previous reviews and submit a request for the date and times they want to use the pool.
What are the requirements to list on Swimply?
- Have a pool
- Be over 18 years old
- Pass a background check
How do you earn money on Swimply?
Owners can post a personalized list of their pool and amenities like a barbecue grill, waterslide, lounge chairs, or pool toys. Owners also list their rental availability, rules and prices.
How much money can you make on Swimply?
Prices range from $40 an hour for a full-size garden pool to over $300 an hour for a large pool with stunning views, a hot tub, barbecue facilities, etc.
Pros of listing on Swimply
- Pool lists are currently available in twenty states, including Florida and Canada and Australia.
- Some people are making real money. Some hosts earn more than $10,000 per month
- The website also has a support team available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist hosts with any queries, including photography, description, and appropriate pricing.
- The website handles scheduling and payment. You don’t need to be home when renters arrive.
- Listing is free, but Swimply charges a 15% service fee.
Cons of listing on Swimply
- While this looks great, pool owners seem to have a lot of questions.
- Many who heard about the new service via social media had concerns regarding the liability of allowing strangers to swim in your pool.
- In some states, the property owner must have a city business tax receipt and a tourist tax registration certificate.
How do I sign up to list on Swimply?
If you decide to join, click “Become a Host” at the top of the right-hand corner on their website.
What is the website for Swimply?
Does Swimply have an app?
The Swimply app is available for both iOS and Android.
Like Airbnb, Swimply.com allows owners to rent out their own swimming pools and gives people the opportunity to go for a dip for an hourly fee.
Swimply is still settling the liability insurance case. Currently, both hosts and swimmers sign waivers to simply relieve the hosts of any liability in the event of an injury.
So far, so good, there have been none. Swimply.com wants to provide a comprehensive, blanket policy and is now collecting data to provide to the insurance company.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|