Table of Contents
What is TakeLesson?
TakeLessons (TL) works on the marketplace business model. It is a connecting medium between students and various teachers and professors. The teachers can easily offer lessons online and offline on this platform. The cost of the lessons can vary from one teacher to another.
The platform was founded in 2006. Since then, it has expanded nationally. There are lessons provided on each and every topic. There is also a feature to provide live group lessons, which is an added advantage. This can boost your income as a teacher.
How does TakeLesson work?
TakeLessons is an online lesson marketplace and community that connects students to teachers, tutors, and instructors for 1-on-1 lessons in just about any subject. These personalized lessons can take place locally or online via Skype or FaceTime. TakeLessons is your one-stop shop to learn virtually anything.
What are the requirements to work for TakeLesson?
There are a few requirements that you need to abide by. These are:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must have a US bank account and SSN.
- You must be willing to teach at least one of the subjects (30 options) listed.
- You should be able to teach offline if required.
- You should be able to work within your pre-decided teaching hours.
- It would help if you had a US mobile number on which TakeLessons can contact you.
How do you earn money on TakeLesson?
You need to master a single skill, and you will be able to provide lessons online as well as offline. This will allow you to monetize your skills and make money using this platform.
How much money can you make on TakeLesson?
As a teacher for TakeLessons, you set your own rate, which means youâre in control of how much you earn. Rates vary depending on the length of the lesson, location, skillset, experience, and other factors. Typically, most of the teachers set the lesson cost anywhere between $ 60 per hour to $ 150 per hour. You have to, however, keep in mind that the platform as a commission will charge 40 % of it.
Pros of working for TakeLesson
- Great platform for existing teachers
- Flexibility of hours
- Many students opt for online lessons
- Simple eligibility criteria
- Ability to sell multiple lessons
- The incentive to retain students
- Can set the lesson cost as per your preference
Cons of working for TakeLesson
- Getting the first few reviews is notoriously difficult
- Increased competition
- 40% commission
- Mastering essential skills required
How do I sign up to work for TakeLesson?
To become a TakeLessons teacher, apply online. Itâs free to get started. Fill out an application and build your TakeLessons profile. Your profile is the face of your company where you can highlight your skills, experience, background, samples, reviews, location, and of course, your TakeLessons rate.
What is the website for TakeLesson?
Download TakeLessons App for teacher on iOS and Android
So, if you already are a tutor or have honed a particular skill, TakeLessons is the perfect platform for you to make money offline as well as online. It is good enough for individuals who want to get started in the educational industry. It can allow you to make money on the sidelines. As stated above, in our Take lessons review, it can help you make money during your free hours.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|