Table of Contents
WHAT IS TAKL
Takl is a home services platform. Their objective is to connect service providers with clients that are needed for a variety of different services around the home. Jobs such as house cleaning, lawn care, and junk removal, for example. They have over 40,000 providers offering services. Clients can book the services through Takl, and Takl handles the payment.
HOW DOES TAKL WORK
Takl is very similar to its number one competitor, TaskRabbit. Customers post job offers on the job listing page, and Providers pitch their skills to the customers and wait to be contacted. It is straightforward.
For Providers, Takl is a platform where you can easily pick up jobs to fill your schedule. Say, you are a mover and currently have nothing much on your tab, you could log in to Takl and check out some job offers on Moving. You are in total control of who you work with and when you work. So, instead of sitting around, waiting for the next client to call, you could pick up a few jobs at Takl.
- 18 years old
- Pass a background check â Must have SSN
- US-government issued photo ID (drivers license not necessary)
- Bank account for direct deposit payment
- Complete an online orientation
- iOS or Android Smartphone
HOW DO YOU EARN MONEY ON TAKL
You simply sign up as a provider, complete some basic information â including what kinds of tasks you’d be willing to work on â and Takl will match you with people looking for someone with your skills in your area.
TAKL PAY RANGE
Varies by position.
- You get to work as little or as much as you want.
- You get to set your own hourly rate.
- You get paid through the Takl app or site, so payment from clients is secure.
- You don’t need a specific level of education to be a Provider.
- You don’t need a specific level of work experience to be a Provider.
- You can be re-hired by clients, so there’s potential for long-term work.
- Takl is the middleman, so finding work may be easier and safer than alternatives like Craigslist.
- Takl is only available in few metro areas (though the list is quickly growing).
- Takl takes a 30% commission fee from your earnings.
- Bad reviews from clients can hurt your Provider’s popularity.
- Available work may be inconsistent, so your income isn’t always consistent.
- You may face a lot of competition from other Providers.
HOW DO I SIGN UP
There’s nothing radical about the way you make an account on Takl. It’s the same as creating an account on any app. You can even sign up using Facebook or Google.
You begin by entering your phone number, which you have to verify with a code they will text you. Then you select your location. And voilÃ you’re done.
The app is available on iOS and Android.
Takl is suitable for anyone looking to earn cash from their home services’ skills. However, it is best for independent contractors who are looking to fill in gaps in their schedules or replace canceled jobs. Takl is also a great way to bolster the growth of your business as an independent contractor. Independent contractors like Handymen and landscapers can leverage the existing customer base at Takl to grow their businesses outside the platform. Of course, it would start off with picking a few odd jobs, but in no time, you will have a contact list and, hopefully, referrals from those customers as well.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|