Table of Contents
What is TheRealReal?
TheRealReal.com is a highly successful luxury resale site that connects buyers and sellers of high-end fashion and lifestyle products is attracting a wide range of members, from millennials searching for the perfect vintage item to celebrities like Kardashians and Lena Dunham. The nine-year-old site has garnered worldwide attention, $173 million in venture funds, and the reputation required to attract people to entrust them with their precious possessions.
How does TheRealReal work?
The RealReal offers a white glove pick up service (consignors can send in the items they want to the nearest TheRealReal Office).
Authenticators inspect, photograph, and evaluate items. TheRealReal takes possession of the items listed on the site but does not own them, only charges a commission when they are sold, after which they are shipped from one of the company’s three primary distribution centers.
This, coupled with the sophisticated user interface and pricing algorithm that helps drive TheRealReal site, allows sellers to track their items, sales history and helps buyers feel confident after spending $1000 in a used Chanel bag, they will receive it.
What are the requirements to list on TheRealReal?
Luxury items to sell
How do you earn money with TheRealReal?
You can sell second-hand clothes, bags, shoes, and fine jewelry via daily curated designer sales.
How much money can you make on TheRealReal?
Consignors earn 55 to 70 percent of the sale price of their merchandise, most of which is sold in a few days. The company says the average consignor makes almost $9,000, good enough for things that collect dust in the closet.
Pros of listing on TheRealReal
- The most important advantage of this website is that everything goes through the verification process. This means that buyers are shopping, assured they are getting an authentic product, and sellers are getting higher prices for items because of their authenticity.
- The other great advantage of TheRealReal.com is that you don’t have to do any work to sell your item.
- They pay for shipping, authentication, and even do the photography for your item being placed on the site. It is a delightful process and works for everyone involved.
- Sellers ship The RealReal free of charge, and their team is responsible for insuring, receiving, managing inventory, billing, shipping, and returning, as well as ongoing customer service.
- At TheRealReal, 75% of items sell within three days to a market of more than 2 million members.
Cons of listing on TheRealReal
- One of the downsides we see to The RealReal is that they only deal with the highest-end luxury items. This means that prices are still very high for this type of goods. We would like to see them lower the price level and take their process to a slightly lower market.
- We didn’t like that on The RealReal; you must register before you can navigate the site.
How do I sign up to list on TheRealReal?
Go to therealreal.com and sign up. You can register using your Facebook login.
What is the website for TheRealReal?
Does TheRealReal have an app?
The RealReal app is available for both iOS and Android.
In addition to the high commission they charge, The RealReal is a great place to sell your old clothes. There’s practically nothing to do when trading with them, ship the items, and wait for your money. This is ideal for those who do not have the time or the patience to find an individual buyer or post online ads for themselves.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|