Table of Contents
What is TranscribeMe?
The platform was established in 2011 and has a large client base that includes lawyers, churches, conference attendees, insurance companies, and researchers who regularly need to transcribe their audio files.
It has partnered with companies like Kaplan, KMR, Deloitte, Harvard University, Cisco, and others.
TranscribeMe is an excellent place for beginners to hone their skills. The company does not require you to have transcription experience.
How does TranscribeMe work?
After you join and get accepted, you can start working immediately. Upon logging in, you will see all available audio files available for transcription.
All you have to do is click on the files, which usually last about 10 seconds, listen, and transcribe the audio.
Review your transcription and then submit it. Your transcription will be approved by the reviewer, after which you will be paid for your transcription.
What are the requirements to work for TranscribeMe?
As a transcription willing to work for TranscribeMe, all you need is a computer that supports Google Chrome, a good internet connection, and the ability to accurately transcript an audio or video file anywhere (mostly English) they do have clients from Asia and Europe).
How do you earn money on TranscribeMe?
TranscribeMe is looking for transcribers to convert audio content to text. But it does not end there. They also offer career advancement opportunities for people who want to ascend the career ladder for higher-paying jobs.
How much money can you make on TranscribeMe?
Payment varies depending on the available audio files, but most transcribers earn between $15 and $22 an hour per audio. (As a reminder, audio time is the duration of the audio files, not the time you spend transcribing them.
Pros of working for TranscribeMe
- You do not need to go through hoops and loops to join TranscribeMe.
- You don’t need to be an experienced transcriber to work for TranscribeMe.
- You can work as a transcriber as long as your schedule permits.
- Community support. TranscribeMe does not leave you hanging once you subscribe.
- Take a look at the TranscribeMe website, and you’ll find a lot of transparency that we appreciate (and a lot of workers appreciate it too!).
Cons of working for TranscribeMe
- TranscribeMe pays little for your hard work. Most people take about four hours or more to transcribe an hour of an audio file.
- Although you can find a job at the portal whenever you want, TranscribeMe does not guarantee a continuous workflow.
- We read some complaints that the QA (Quality Assurance) team is “too tough” when grading your work.
How do I sign up to work for TranscribeMe?
Visit their website and click the signup button on the right top corner as a transcriptionist.
Or you can go directly here and register.
What is the website for TranscribeMe?
Does TranscribeMe have an app?
You can download the TranscribeMe app from the Google Play or iTunes Store.
This is an excellent company if you want to start your career online. TranscribeMe also has no bad reputation like other companies.
This platform allows you to earn additional income with very little investment. All you need is a laptop, internet connection, and fabulous headphones.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|