Table of Contents
What is Tutor.com?
Tutor.com is an online lesson company that connects students and teachers in an online classroom. The service offers an on-demand lesson and schedule for students in grades 4-12 and college. Users can communicate with direct online tutors on more than 40 topics, including:
- Social Studies
- Foreign Language
- Preparation Test.
Tutor.com supports Honor students, IB (International Baccalaureate) and AP (advanced placement students)
Established in 1998, the company has facilitated more than 11 million educational sessions with nearly 3,000 tutors.
How does Tutor.com work?
Tutor.com provides an online study system that includes text chat, a real-time interactive whiteboard, and other tools that create a powerful online learning experience.
Students contact Tutor.com for an online one-on-one session when they need help. The service is available 24/7.
What are the requirements to work for Tutor.com?
- Currently reside in the United States or Canada.
- Have a valid SSN or social insurance number
- Legally qualified to work in the United States or Canada
- Have strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be a sophomore or higher, or have a degree from an accredited American or Canadian university. (You must have a college degree to teach accounting, economics, finance, college essay writing, and college statistics!)
How do you earn money on Tutor.com?
Tutor.com is a site that hires people as independent contractors to teach students that need help with their homework through a secure online environment.
How much money can you make on Tutor.com?
Pay rates are no longer listed on the site. In the past, wages varied depending on the location you lived in and was usually in the general range of the state’s minimum wages. According to Glassdoor, the current average pay for most teachers appears to be between $10 and $17 an hour.
Pros of working for Tutor.com
- Tutor.com has a reasonably long history as an online educational platform.
- You will not be charged with a background check fee.
- Flexible schedule
- It is possible to work from home.
- Paychecks arrive on time.
Cons of working for Tutor.com
- They only accept residents of the United States.
- The application process is rigorous, given the low wages.
- The work is very seasonal.
- Some mentors are terrible.
How do I sign up to work for Tutor.com?
Get started by visiting their website and clicking Become a Tutor in the upper right corner. Or, you can follow this link, scroll down, and click the Apply Now button below.
What is the website for Tutor.com?
Does Tutor.com have an app?
There’s a support app on the go (iOS, Android), though you don’t see frequent updates.
Tutor.com is a legitimate site and offers an excellent opportunity for people who have the talent to teach.
According to some tutors who work for tutor.com, they can easily earn $600 a month working just two hours a night. Great, right? If you are still confused and have questions, visit their FAQ page.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|