Table of Contents
What is Uber?
Uber is a ridesharing smartphone app that connects passengers to drivers. As one of the first “on-demand” services to operate on a smartphone platform, Uber has established itself as the leader in the ridesharing market (with Lyft solidly second). For passengers, it is a way to get reliable rides with a private driver. For drivers, Uber provides an opportunity to generate additional revenue.
How does Uber work?
The process of picking up and leaving passengers involves a few steps:
1. Log in to the Uber Driver app and click “Go online” to be listed as available for pickups
2. Wait for a ride request: your phone will start beeping once you receive a travel request and you will be able to see the passenger’s pickup location and destination
3. Tap the screen of your phone to accept the offer.
You only have about 30 seconds to accept a ride request before passing it on to the next available driver-partner. If you choose to reject the request, it will be passed to the next closest Uber driver-partner.
Uber is found in more than 175 countries and more than 800 cities worldwide and growing month by month.
What are the requirements to sign up to work for Uber?
To ensure positive customer experience, Uber requires that all of its driving partners and cars meet minimum basic standards.
Minimum standards for drivers include:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have 3 years of driving experience. If you recently moved from another state, have to verify your driving history. Keep your out-of-state driver’s license. You may need it
- Have a valid social security number
- A four-door vehicle that is 10 years old or newer
- Must pass an Uber vehicle inspection
- In-state license plates with current registration
How do you earn money on Uber?
Once all of the above steps have been completed. You will be on the road with your first customer in a matter of minutes. You will get a customer when you are the closest driver to them. Once a job arrives, your phone will ping, and you will need to accept it (you will receive their name and their current location). You will not know your final location until the passenger has approved the trip. It’s so easy to get started with Uber.
How much money can you make on Uber?
After paying all expenses, and after the app takes its cut, Uber driver average between $8.55 and $11.77 per hour.
Pros of working for Uber
- Receive daily or weekly payments directly to your bank account.
- You become your boss.
- There are no minimum or maximum hours: work as little or as much as it suits you.
- Social work is useful if you like to talk to people.
- Passenger star ratings help you avoid potential passengers who are likely to cause you problems or leave you waiting for them.
- Passenger ratings also (in theory) encourage passengers to behave appropriately in your car.
Cons of working for Uber
- Expenses are high (Uber takes a 25% cut on everything you earn), so you must work a fair amount to make a decent income.
- You need to do your taxes.
- Insurance is particularly expensive for youth.
- Tipping is not common (but it may be more now that users can do it through the application).
- There are no company benefits, such as pension, vacation, sick leave, etc.
- Spotify sync option (where passengers can control music from their smartphones) can be annoying if you don’t like their musical taste or if they are drunk, and melodies start blasting tunes in your ear.
- Passenger ratings cannot guarantee that they will not get drunk and vomit in your car.
How do I sign up to work for Uber?
If you pass all the minimum requirements listed above, the next step is to register online. You will be asked to provide your full name, email address, phone number, city, and the type of vehicle you plan to drive.
What is the website for Uber?
Does Uber have an app?
The Uber app is available for both iOS and Android.
Driving for Uber can be a great part-time, seasonal, or temporary job for some people. It is especially true if you need flexible work hours. It’s also a great way to supplement your income by spending a few extra hours behind the wheel after work or between classes instead of vegetating in front of the TV or computer.
However, there are some costs that you will need to take into account in your earnings: wear and tear on your car, gasoline, cleaning supplies. You have to keep your vehicle looking fresh.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|