Table of Contents
What is UZURV?
The original concept behind UZURV was a reservation matchmaking service built on top of Uber, but after Uber yanked access to its scheduling tool away from UZURV last year, the Richmond-based ride-sharing startup built its own backend software and became a TNC itself, establishing its independence as a pioneer of a lucrative niche in the future of transportation.
How does UZURV work?
UZURV partners with community organizations to provide transportation for those who need it most, particularly seniors and people with special needs. While UZURV enables riders to get to jobs quickly and on time, it also helps to solve the major transportation challenge of getting people to necessary medical appointments.
âDrivers vary from retired school teachers, EMTs, retirees, and nurses,â said Trish Fitzpatrick, VP of corporate outreach.
What are the requirements of driving for UZURV?
UZURV does have requirements for driver-partners, which riders love because it ensures the safety and a pleasant ride. Requirements include, but are not limited to, the following:
- You must have an eligible 4-door vehicle.
- You must pass the background check
- Your vehicle must pass inspection (cleanliness, etc.).
- Your vehicle must be no older than a certain age. For most states, this will be a vehicle newer than 2011. It will vary slightly with some states requiring a newer model than this. But that is the current average as of the writing of this post.
- You also have to be at least 21
- You have to have been driving for at least 1 year (3 years if you are under 23)
- You also have to have a clean driving record.
How do you earn money on UZURV?
Once a driver is booked, the passenger is contacted to confirm the ride, and then contacted again to let the passenger know that the driver is en route. Drivers park, and then go directly to the door of the passenger, assisting from doorstep to car.
How much money can you make on UZURV?
But from talking to some UZURV drivers and from research, it looks like the average UZURV driver makes about $15 an hour.
Pros of driving for UZURV
- You are an independent contractor. Tax benefits are a significant benefit to this.
- You set your own hours and schedule. Completely.
- It can be temporary to reach a goal or fill a need, or permanent!
- You can get paid 5x per day with Instant Pay.
- You meet a lot of really cool people and maybe even some famous people.
Cons of driving for UZURV
- There are some expenses to consider â the additional wear and tear on your car.
- The opposite, as above, you might meet some weird people. But the system is quite safe regardless. Just maybe some odd ducks.
- The requirements for the vehicle and for the person. They are stricter, but for absolutely good reason.
How do I sign up to drive for UZURV?
Ready to apply? Download the UZURV app and follow the steps to sign-up. You will be asked to provide your complete name, email address, phone number, city, and the type of vehicle you plan to drive.
What is the website for UZURV?
Does UZURV have an app?
UZURV 360 app is available for both iOS and Android.
Just sign-up and apply to be a driver. You can drive wherever, whenever you want for as long or as little as you want, pending conditional hourly restrictions. We even met a driver who picked us up once. We asked him how often he drove. He said that he just turns it on (the app that waits for a pickup) whenever he has a couple of hours to kill, and it has worked well for him to redeem his time and make some good money on the side.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|