Table of Contents
What is VacationRentals.com?
VacationRentals.com has approximately 250 to 600 thousand visits per month, with more than 80% of its traffic coming from Canada and the United States alone. VacationRentals.com is part of the HomeAway family, and its mission is to help families and friends find the perfect accommodation to enjoy the vacation of their dreams together. The beautiful on-site homes feature more space, privacy, and amenities than hotels, often for less than half the cost per person.
How does VacationRentals.com work?
VacationRentals has been matching tourists and travellers with vacation rental owners since 1995. Since then they have merged with the HomeAway family of companies and have expanded their reach even further.
VacationRentals.com properties can be managed by the owner or a property manager representing the owner (but you only qualify to use a property manager with the service if you own more than 10 properties). Most of them are empty houses (that is, there are no permanent residents living in them) that are available to rent year-round.
What are the requirements to list on VacationRentals.com?
- Property Address: Something that is not required on Airbnb listings until a reservation has been made
- Headline (minimum 200 characters) and description (minimum 400 characters)
- Type of property: full house, loft, etc.
- Number of travellers that the property can sleep comfortably
- Minimum of 6 photos.
- Rates and fees
- Location on a map of the area
- Cancellation policy
- And, of course, you cannot forget your email address and phone number to accept reservations and inquiries.
How do you earn money on VacationRentals.com?
VacationRentals allows you to list your rental and only pay a service fee when someone books. But VacationRentals, which lists it on all of its affiliate sites, charges slightly more than Airbnb.
How much money can you make on VacationRentals.com?
VacationRentals hosts earn, on average, about $ 1500 per month.
Pros of listing on VacationRentals.com
- Together, VRBO and HomeAway will publish your vacation rental listing on both sites.
- When you buy a home, the value will appreciate so that you can make more money when you sell.
- VacationRentals.com’s target market is slightly different than other online listing platforms. Instead of focusing on fast-travel accommodations, VacationRentals.com has built a reputation for high-quality vacation experiences.
- Many experts will attribute VacationRentals.com’s success to the user-friendly browsing experience.
- The website offers extensive search functions and 24-hour customer service for guests.
Cons of listing on VacationRentals.com
- Because they were intended for vacation homes, there are still many forms, such as rental guarantees and damage insurance that you and your clients are required to complete.
- There is a lot of maintenance related to the ownership of a vacation rental property.
- You may also need to obtain a business license, pay sales tax, or hotel taxes depending on your local tax laws.
- Because of the large size of the platform, owners may face stiff competition when using this website
- If you have a space in your rental that you want to rent separately from the rest of the house, you don’t have this option on VacationRentals.com.
How do I sign up to list on VacationRentals.com?
As a homeowner, your first step will be to register on VacationRentals.com by clicking on ‘List Your Property’ at the top of their website.
What is the website for VacationRentals.com?
Does VacationRentals.com have an app?
No available app
Overall, VacationRentals.com can be an excellent choice for homeowners who can provide a traditional vacation experience. The website only requires a full property to be listed, but some additional features could not harm. If you operate in a popular tourist region or have a unique property to list, VacationRentals.com is worth considering. Be sure to be thorough with your rental property calculations, and you may find this platform extremely profitable.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|