Table of Contents
What is Vinted?
Vinted.com is an online platform that allows you to buy, sell, or swap fashion clothing, used clothing, shoes, and related accessories with prospective customers and like-minded people. They give you an excellent opportunity to declutter your wardrobe and earn extra money on clothes you no longer need.
Vinted was launched in Lithuania in 2008 by founders MildaMitkuteand Justas Janauskas. Since then, the platform has experienced significant growth and now has subsidiaries in Germany, the United States, and 7 other countries.
How does Vinted work?
Vinted is a second-hand clothing marketplace. So if you have a dress or any other outfit that you just don’t wear anymore (for whatever reason), you can create a Vinted profile, compile a list of selected outfits with photos and descriptions, then wait until prospective buyers check it out.
If another Vinted user loves the clothes and accepts the price you set, they buy the clothes, pay the freight, and wait for it to arrive in the mail. Vinted gives the seller a prepaid shipping card, making it easy to ship the dress to the buyer.
After completing the transaction, the seller keeps all the money for the dress, minus a small fee for Vinted.
What are the requirements to list on Vinted?
You take a picture of whatever item you’re selling, write a detailed description, and upload it through the app.
For novice sellers, the app offers ideas and suggestions on what photos to take and how to make your listing more searchable.
How do you earn money on Vinted?
Upload photos of your items, fill in the description, and set the price. Potential buyers may “like” and/or leave a comment. Although the sale is free, the buyer pays a 5 percent service fee plus a fixed price of $0.75 plus shipping (keep this in mind when setting your rates).
How much money can you make on Vinted?
On average, you can earn around $200 a month selling through selling clothes (new or used) Vinted claimed, and if you get the right timing, you can make more, according to CEO Thomas Plantinga.
Pros of listing on Vinted
- Vinted offers a fully functional website and app, making it easy to upload and track items at home or on the go.
- If your target audience is 18-25, Vinted is excellent! Adhere to well-known shopping mall brands like Victoria’s Secret, Urban Outfitters, H&M, Hollister, etc.
- There is a forum to communicate with other users and occasional meetings to network and make new friends.
- Listings are free and can include up to 5 images. Images must not be 100 pixels wide!
- The lists do not expire; they just get pushed down the bottom of the feed.
Cons of listing on Vinted
- You must have a PayPal account for PayPal transactions.
- Transactions made through a personal interview are not protected.
- The demographics are very specific. If you have a vintage designer or vintage items, they may not sell well on Vinted.
How do I sign up to list on Vinted?
You can easily create a Vinted account with a Facebook ID or a Google account. Vinted uses a two-way secure authentication system to verify the identity of each new member who joins the platform. You must enter a phone number to confirm the SMS to complete the registration process. This security feature ensures that scammers are kept at bay.
What is the website for Vinted?
Does Vinted have an app?
The Vinted app is available on both iOS and Android, so there are no excuses for clutter.
Vinted is a great place to earn money with fashion items you no longer need. What may seem chaotic in your wardrobe is valuable to someone else.
We found too many negative user reviews written by users about this platform, but you won’t find an online platform with few complaints. In general, there are positive feedbacks from users of this platform.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|