Table of Contents
What is Waitr
Waitr Delivery was established in 2013, a winning idea born from the American Chris Meaux. Waitr’s headquarters started in Lake Charles and is currently located in Lafayette, Louisiana.
In 2018 Landcadia, a blank check company co-founded by Texas billionaire TilmanFertitta, bought Waitr for $308 million. The food delivery company has since gone public on the Nasdaq stock and is now the second food delivery service to become a public company after Grubhub.
How does Waitr work?
For the Restaurant
The app offers restaurants the Manager Toolkit with hardware that integrates with the existing kitchen flow. It allows you to control the outflow of your orders, with inventory-based pause and resume capabilities, to catch up on orders or promotion.
It also has real-time push connectivity so that all controllers in the area receive the message instantly.
The analytics in the toolkits allows you to track orders, earnings, manage customers and menus to obtain information so that you can optimize your operations.
Becoming a Waitr delivery driver is an excellent opportunity to earn a few extra bucks or if you are a student.
You don’t need unique experience or skills. If you have previous experience in the ridesharing, food, or courier industries, delivering with Waitr is another way to earn money. Waitr welcomes drivers of other inexpensive services like DoorDash, UberEats, Postmates, Lyft, Caviar, GrubHub, AmazonFresh, Instacart, Uber.
Because Waitr is a fast-growing establishment that does more than just manage deliveries, they also have other job opportunities to offer.
What are the requirements for working for Waitr?
The Waitr requirements specify that restaurant:
- Must have a food handler license
- Have a clean kitchen
- Must be willing to undergo personal or virtual inspections.
- Must have a smartphone
Waitr’s requirements specify that delivery driver:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Possess adequate car insurance
- Must pass a necessary criminal and motor vehicle background check
- Have a clean driving record
- Must have a smartphone
- Must have a reliable vehicle
How do you earn money on Waitr?
Restaurant: Restaurants use Waitr to manage off-site businesses.
Driver: The app allows drivers to find deliveries where they live.
How much money can you make on Waitr?
Restaurant: Set by you
Driver: According to Waitr, drivers can earn $12-15/hr on average, with flexible shifts.
Pros of working for Waitr
- Restaurants achieve a 20% increase in check sizesfor online and delivery orders compared to dine-in orders.
- Sometimes customers want their food paired with the comfort of their own home. By offering delivery, you will be able to serve a broader range of customers.
- If delivery becomes most of your business, it could eventually shrink to a smaller space or require fewer reception staff.
- Before accepting an order, drivers can see exactly how much money they will earn by completing the delivery.
- Drivers have guaranteed minimum earnings during specific periods, especially during peak hours such as lunch and weekends.
- Since Waitr works with more expensive restaurants, drivers are generally paid well.
Cons of working for Waitr
- You are not able to control a customer’s experience with takeout and delivery.
- Since Waitr takes deep cuts on every meal delivered, online ordering can reduce your profits.
- Some drivers say the app can be somewhat glitchy. This can cause your order acceptance rate to decrease even if you never reject an order.
Many restaurants in Waitr have their own in-house delivery drivers, leaving fewer opportunities for independent contractor drivers to serve those who order food.
Delivery driving increases vehicle wear and tear.
How do I sign up to work for Waitr?
Download the Waitr Gig app from the App Store or Google Play. Complete the enrolment process with information about yourself.
What is the website for Waitr?
Does Waitr have an app?
The Waitr app is available for both iOS and Android.
Driving for Waitr is a legitimate hustle that suits many people. If you like flexibility and perks, check out the additional delivery gigs. There is no limit to the number of companies you can drive for.
Delivery is on the rise these days due to the popularity of the on-demand economy. Deciding whether or not to become a restaurant with Waitr is a personal choice to make based on your business needs, resources, type of place, customer base, and location.
One thing is for sure: the trend of food delivery is here to stay.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|