Table of Contents
What is Wimdu?
It is Europe’s largest platform for urban apartments, with more than 350,000 properties in popular destinations worldwide. However, the site is not limited to urban flats, accepting everything from affordable beach cabanas to luxury countryside villas. Listing your property on Wimdu is free, as guests pay the processing fee, which is automatically added to the price you’ve set.
How does Wimdu work?
By simply typing the desired destination in the search bar, travelers can easily find a place to stay while on vacation. Before booking, Wimdu recommends sending a message to the host for more information and to confirm availability. The host has 24 hours to accept their client’s reservation request by sending a confirmation email once they have accepted their offer. Travelers will receive the contact details of their hosts so they can send them their estimated arrival time once the reservation is confirmed.
With Wimdu, customers can discover a list of great deals for top destinations and enjoy significant savings on accommodation. The company is dedicated to ensuring that guests enjoy their experience with its Triple Check to verify properties are up to their strict standards, after their initial verification on the site. Wimdu continues to verify the properties that appear on its website throughout the year.
What are the requirements to list on Wimdu?
- Must be able to provide essentials, including toilet paper, soap, bedding, and at least one towel and pillow per guest.
- You must respond to your prospective guests, responding to reservation requests and inquiries within 24 hours.
- You must accept reservation requests when available.
- You should be able to maintain a high overall guest rating.
How do you earn money on Wimdu?
If you own a property, Wimdu allows you to list for free, and you’ll only incur a 3% booking fee with each rental.
How much money can you make on Wimdu?
Wimdu hosts earn, on average, $1000/month while they sleep!
Pros of listing on Wimdu
- Relatively low reservation fee for hosts with 3% decent listing variety (300,000 in 100 countries) means a fair amount of potential guests
- Damage insurance for hosts up to 500,000 euros (excluding the U.S and Canada)
- Good cancellation policies.
- Mobile friendly
- 24/7 customer service
Cons of listing on Wimdu
- High 12% reservation fee for guests, which can lead to fewer guests
- Some consumer complaints about them being hacked
- Customer feedback on the quality of customer service is across the board
How do I sign up to list on Wimdu?
If you decide to join, click List Your Place at the top of the right-hand corner of the website.
What is the website for Wimdu?
Does Wimdu have an app?
The Wimdu app is available for both iOS and Android.
When we first learned about Wimdu’s hosting opportunity, We are concerned about having creeps and weirdos hanging around in our crib. On top of that, we didn’t think there was that much money to be made.
But after in-depth research, we believe this is a killer idea for the right person.
Chances are, there are plenty of travelers who are looking for a place to stay in your area and are willing to pay for it.
Given that the company does an exceptional job of examining potential guests (and hosts), we wouldn’t be too concerned about having some maniac loser sitting around your breakfast table.
We did not find any conflict between Wimdu and the hosts or guests, but the company appears to deliver on its promises. The hosts are making good money. Guests have great experiences.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|