Table of Contents
What is Zum?
As a Zum (Zumer) driver, you are more than just a nanny, babysitter, driver, or child care provider. You are part of a broader purpose: supporting better parenting. By caring for the well-being of a family, you are empowering working parents to excel in their professional and family lives.
Zumers helps families by bringing their children to school/activities and providing care. The Zumer personifies the core Zum values: thoughtfulness and willingness to go the extra mile for our parent and child customers.
How does Zum work?
If you enjoy being around kids and have some experience with them, check out ZÅ«m. Their mission is to build the world’s largest and most reliable platform for kids’ transportation and care, and they need responsible and safe drivers to make it work. ZÅ«m is currently looking for drivers in the following California cities (and will expand rapidly in other states, counties, and cities).
Northern California: Palo Alto, Valle de Portola, Los Altos, Los Gatos, San JosÃ© and Campbell Southern California: Redondo Beach, Rosemead, Duarte and San Gabriel.
What are the requirements to sign up to work for Zum?
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Have at least 2 years of child-related education/work and driving experience.
- Own a 2009 or newer 4-door car: excellent exterior and interior that meets Zum 22-point inspection criteria.
- Valid California state license and driver’s insurance
- Impeccable driving and background record (willing to undergo DMV and background check)
- Fluent in English
How do you earn money on Zum?
Use the intuitive Zum iPhone / Android app and start receiving scheduled rides up to 24 hours in advance.
How much money can you make on Zum?
On average, between $ 16 to $35 per hour, drivers can see the amount they will make before accepting any ride.
Pros of working for Zum
- Flexible hours: choose your time slots/days and rides.
- Let the work come to you. Zum mobile app will automatically bring you work every day.
- The highest pay in the industry: earn up to $32 an hour and get paid every Wednesday
- Safe work environment and convenient work hours.
- Fun and active work.
- Be a valuable part of a great team that serves the most fun and versatile customer – kids!
- They have some great promotions for the driver, like a sign-up bonus of up to $500 (payable at milestone-ride intervals).
Cons of working for Zum
- Currently, Zum only offers its services in the San Francisco Bay and Orange County areas
- Extra driving means more fuel costs, more wear and tear on consumables like tires and brakes, and you will need more frequent oil changes.
- As a result of all these additional costs and wear and tear on your vehicle, you may face the extra cost of replacing your car earlier than previously planned.
How do I sign up to work for Zum?
To start the process, head over here.
What is the website for Zum?
Does Zum have an app?
Available for iPhone and Android phones, this application will be used by service providers such as drivers, caregivers, and babysitters to track and deliver childcare jobs assigned to them through the Zum technology platform.
Zum is a pretty easy gig to start, but it won’t make you rich, despite what all the radio and television commercials told us a few years ago. After considering all operational costs, almost anything else you can think of trying would pay more!
With that said, driving Zum might be a good option for someone in a temporary cash crisis and not worried about the long-term impacts on their transportation budget.
Reviews by Source
|Source||Average Rating||Total Reviews|